Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Sentra boyz here goes. I currently have the Stillen Hi flow intake on my 94 Sentra 1.6 I am interested in purchasing the place racing cold air intake for my ride, but Im paranoid about cold air intakes because of the fear of water induction. Heres my question: is it possible to take the second half of the piping and re route it so that it runs right beside the battery placing the filter right behind the front headlight? It will still be an under the hood intake but being placed closer to the front headlight cooler air can hit it and you can even place a heat shield barrier like a wall to block of engine heat giving the filter its own little "cold room"........man!.......that was a lot!........Now......can it be done?
Answer my prayers oh sentra gods..........

·
Registered
500 Posts
I saw a Jeep Wrangler with a WAI stuck in its own heat shield box under the hood, and it looked ince. It can be done.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Simply run the cold air intake in the dry season and switch back to the WAI in the rainy season... takes all of 10 minutes to pull the lower pipe and move the filter up.

Unless you completely submerge the filter and continue to drive you won't have a problem with a CAI... normal rain or wet streets won't do any harm...

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
that or u can leave the CAI on and get a AEM bypass valve so the water wont get sucked it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts