Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally put on my hs cai a couple days ago. and i cant help revving it all the time and flooring it all the time now. its got an agressive low growl. sorta like bwoooooaaaaaooooaaaaaaaoaaa!!!

anyways, the cone filter is down by the driver wheel. while my car is idle, there is a loud sound coming from the piping/filter. it sounds like a gas pipe or water pipe that is continually on, the ones you hear when you are in the basement. its not so bad inside, and i can easily drown it out w/ music. but on the outside, it sounds like i have a toilet in my car that is continually recycling water cuz its broken. the sound goes away once i step on the gas, but dont like it coming back so loud at every stop sign. is there any way i can tone it down or eliminate it?

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i lined the enlarged hole with a rubber hose, the fit is very secure and tight. the noise isnt a pinging or rattling, but its much like a stready whirring sound, like a gas pipe or the other household pipes you hear in the basement of a house.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Are all of your vacuum hoses still connected? Are there any holes in the tntake piping? Connectors in the piping maybe?

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah everything is secured. the noise is coming from the cone filter in the wheel well. does anyone else have this noise? i know a lot of ppl have the HS cai intake.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Is the filter pushed all the way onto the piping with no holes for the air to escape? The cone filter will give a sort of sucking sound, though I'm not sure how loud the HS CAI is.

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i was guessing that the filter might have a leak or something and is not properly secured onto the pipe too. james, you say it is normal, so i'll check for any leaks around the filter, and if there are no leaks, then i guess its a normal sound. i cant think of any other reason why it would make this sound

·
Registered
553 Posts
Re: Idle

wes said:
It should sound like ahiss. Some of it can be adjusted out by adjusting the idle adjustment screw.
Agreed. Check your MAF ground also.

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the sound doesnt come from the piping or MAF at all, just from the filter and the entrance of the pipe i guess. not from the engine bay, but from the fender well where the cone sits. a loud HISSSSS. and when i turn off my engine, the hiss will fade away after 1 or 2 full seconds, so its the definitely air flow and not anything electrical

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
its normal. my wai does it to, you can make it quieter with the idle adjustment screw.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts