Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAI performance in cold weather?

I am planning on getting a CAI for my '93 Sentra 1.6L. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with a CAI in subzero temps and lots of snow. In North Dakota we have about 5 months of snow, and subzero temps happen often so cold weather performance is important.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I dont really see a point in installing a CAI if you live in these conditions.

HSentra

·
Registered
674 Posts
Living in Wisconsin, we get a quite a bit of snow and I have not had any problems. I would just make sure that you don't get snow packed in by the filter. I love when it starts cooling off. I really notice a difference in power. Can't wait to go to the track in October. Will get some good 1/4 mile times.

For the people that live down south, YES, we do get hot summers up here. It has been in the upper 80's and yesterday in the 90's. We do not have snow on the ground year round.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
BORNGEARHEAD said:

For the people that live down south, YES, we do get hot summers up here. It has been in the upper 80's and yesterday in the 90's. We do not have snow on the ground year round.
LOL....I get this all the time. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
HSentra said:
I dont really see a point in installing a CAI if you live in these conditions.

HSentra
CAIs have shown 8-10hp/tq on 2.0L engines, and its not necessarily because of the cold air. I believe the consensus is that the length of the intake tube is where the power comes from.

Aaron

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for the info, I was more worried about it getting snow packed and then freezing. It is kind of hard not to get snow on the filter. I live in a small town (pop. 7500) and the street dept isn't the best about clearing streets. Having to punch through snow drifts is normal the day or two after a snow storm. I may just have to swapp back to a stock air box in the winter. Thanks again for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts