Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, im gonna throw this one out there....here goes...maybe one of you have looked into it but i am lovin that AEM intake sound from those Honda/Acuras but dont like the Honda/Acuras, ok but I am wondering if AEM will EVER make a CAI for a 200SX (1.6 preferably)? Anyone know if any intakes like PR or HS CAI make a sound similar to AEM? they really need to make a CAI for the GA16DE fan's like us. they got a little closer to nissans by intstalling the custom CAI to project Altima...the more replies, the better...thanks

B

·
0 Posts
hey if you have some time and a little bit of money, this may be for you. this is what i am interested in doing cai

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I'll tell you what, I notice a SOTP difference in my XE now that I've got my homemade CAI removed, and I only had the MAF to filter pipe in there.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
i can get HS CAI for you.. i mean.. it has been proven to be really good for the GA16DE

·
Banned
809 Posts
reply to Custom cAI in delsol.com.

I am gogin to get my car and i am getting a RAm air intake.. then from where the filter is supposed to connect to the MAF, i am getting like 2 U-Bends from JCwhitney.com, and i am going to cut them up, so the filter get re-ruted to go side the fender, infront of the battery (inbetween battery and headlight) then go bend down to go to the right of my headers, i dunno if it will make it cold, i know it would look cool though :)

B

·
0 Posts
if i am picturing this correctly this will put your cone almost underneath the car. arent you worried about water and other such hazards getting sucked into the car? but i may be wrong.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tell me about the sound that HS CAI makes because right now i want my car sounding good when im shiftin at high rpms every once in a while instead of this stock airbox shit that sounds like shit when you shift at high rpms (not to high :) )....im very close to purchasing HS CAI because its test proven and has good results, im not so much the power guy just need my car sounding aggressive and turn a couple heads like we all like to do.

·
Banned
809 Posts
welll, almost any car will give you good results, they are all the basic same idea, so i mean, dont expect HS to sound like a monster, and lets say Place Racing to sound like crap, they all do the same stuff, just different name.

K

·
0 Posts
GA16 doesnt seem to suck as much air like the hondas do. I know the sound you referring to during shifts, but does theres hisssssssssssss!

·
Banned
809 Posts
has anyone seen the clear color intake tubes.. ive seen some before that were CLear blue, and clear red, they looked nice. I was wondering what it would be like to have your . better yet, a car breath in colored air, so you could see exactly how it moves into it.. like does the intake pipe swirl air in, or just suck it in, and if that damned air tornado crap really works.. or electronic turbo's

·
Team Serious
2,133 Posts
i think the air tornado only works with stock air boxes but i am not sure.....my dad orderd 1 and is still waiting for it....it was only 65.00 so he thought he would give it a try

·
SIMPLICITY is the KEY
315 Posts
nah man....

Any aftermarket intake is not quiet. Any aftermarket intake either cold/warm air would deffinitely make your engine sound a lot more aggresive. The HS CAI is deffinitely aggressive when it comes to sound. It's actually louder than my Stromung exhaust.

·
Registered
323 Posts
those tornados are a piece they don't do much good for you and you run the risk of something getting dislodged and blocking air flow, and the "electric turbo" you see on ebay is actually a blower motor for a marine enviroment like a pool, it's used to push water into filters but definately not for cars.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Weapon-R has the ram air upgrade on their website. I got mine off the website, maybe a shop could order it cheaper. I think I should have bought a HS CAI instead though. Their ram air is made of stretchable tubing, like a dryer vent tube. Lots of ridges that could catch air. But it did make a difference in the power I have at mid-high rpms though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts