Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

my first question on this forum, and I hope someone can help. We have three Nissan Sunny -87 Coupé (RZ-1) and one of them sound pretty bad from the valve area.

Now I have found a CA20S engine (here in Sweden the market is not very great) for 1.250 SEK=150USD.

Would this be a fairly easy swap? Like, would it fit to the gearbox and mounts without to much problems? And is there anything else we would have to consider?

I´ve seen that the CA16/18 seem to be fairly easy to swap with, but could not find anything on the CA20S.

Hoping for some positive answers!

Best regards!:)

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
CA20 has the same block as the CA16/CA18, so a lot of the swap info is relevant, to a degree. The CA uses a different transmission than the E-series, so you will need the transmission, mounts and possible the axles, as well. I'm assuming there is an ECM, so that and the harness would be needed, as well. Of course, some modification to the exhaust would be needed, as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for a really quick answer!

Not so easy then I guess... maybe better to try to find another cylinder head or rebuild the one we got...

May come with more questions, thanks so far!

Best regards!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts