Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just aquired an 88 Pulsar NX SE with the CA18DE for free. What good, cheap, mods are there for these motors? What good, Cheap mods are there for the chassis? I am totally unfamiliar with these cars, this is the first Nissan i have owned being a Ford guy.

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
Welcome and congratulations... you've got one rare Nissan there. It is getting very hard to find Pulsars with the CA18DE anymore. Probably the easiest mod is a turbo upgrade. You'll more than likely have to get a RWD CA18DET turbo manifold and turbo, and modify it to fit your FWD platform. You'll need to upgrade your fuel injectors to 370ccs, and get the turbo ECU. I'd talk to boost_boy... he's the CA18 god here on Nissanforums.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, but i was thinking that i might try to not go Turbo for now. I have another Turbo project in the works and I want to focus on that one. Are there any N/A mods that anyone would suggest?

·
Registered
734 Posts
i dont know of alot to do other than go turbo. the ca18de is so strong, you will be surprised at what it can do in the stock form.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Can do your basic naturally aspirated mods:K&N, better muffler etc. As for the suspension - it's got some pretty decent suspension from the factory. Upgrade to 15 inch rims and that will make more difference than anything for handling. Could also throw on a strut tower brace.

Best tell me if you need any parts, I'm going to be scrapping my Pulsar Nx se here in a day or two...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts