Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
boost_boy, Can you post some pics of your Sentra (either one I guess). I am also interested with the CA18DET swap because it will be a direct bolt-on to my Pulsar but like the CA18DE which known for many problems (coilpack, CAS) it might not as reliable compare to the SR20DE, according to many Pulsar owners. I would like to know how reliable is the CA18DET compare to the CA18DE? I know the DET is much stronger coz it is meant for boost, but anything else(difference)? Also how accessible(availabilty) the parts for it? What to look for when shopping for one? Sorry too many questions. Thanks!!! :)

· Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Thanks boost_boy, but I live in Canada, toofar away to ship a CA18DET. Im just going to keep looking and find myself either a CA18DET or an SR20DET. Iam gonna need your expertise when I do the actual swap. BTW can I do the swap (CA18DET) in my garage? I have alot of tools and a compressor. Only thing I do not have is a engine stand and the hoist to lift the engine. It does not mean I will not get one if necessary. Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.