Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i just went to the Autoshop yesterday and found two interesting bottles, one is "C5 Fuel Additive from VP Racing Fuels" that claims to raise octane numbers from 6 to 8 numbers AND has some Decarbonizer on it to clean engine. What about it? anyone has tryed it?

Also checked the Pink Water Wetter bottle that claims to reduce engine Temp up to 20C... does it work? it says it's better to mix pure water+water_wetter and probably a 15% of antifreeze for best cooling... anyone using it here?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
....in case someone wants to know.... i just used the C5 Additive today when i filled up the gas tank... it works like heaven.... no more pinging... engine actually sounds pretty nice.... maybe that actually do help the crappy CostaRican gas to perform better... the only one that works... i have tryed Pennsoil and Prestone octane boosters, the only one that i can feel a difference is C5 from VP Racing Fuels, at least here in Costa Rica.

·
Banned
809 Posts
well.. i used a nos forumlated gas booster.. it claimed it used liquid nos. and i was like.. why the fuck not.. learning later, that you loose about.. ehh.. 100miles per tank but.. it felt like i had alot more torque. it wasnt worth it...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Niss200SXGTR said:
well.. i used a nos forumlated gas booster.. it claimed it used liquid nos. and i was like.. why the fuck not.. learning later, that you loose about.. ehh.. 100miles per tank but.. it felt like i had alot more torque. it wasnt worth it...
Well yeah... actually the guy who sold this additive to me told me that he uses it more to keep combustion chamber and valves seats clean more than for racing.... that's like when people here used airplane gas for racing... and it only has about 89 or 90 octans with different atmopehere.
The gas here really sucks.... probably because it's made by the government and only they can sell it. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts