Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about bypassing the coolant hoses that go through the throttle body. Im not worried about it icing up in winter since i dont drive it in the winter, but in spring and fall when the temp goes to -15 celcius whould that be a problem.

Im only doing this mod since i saw it somewhere in this forum i believe. It made sense why have hot coolant goto the throttle body? that just heats the air even more, its better to have colder air is it not?

·
Certified Ghetto Mechanic
390 Posts
If you are going to drive the car at any temperature below freezing it might be a bad idea...nobody wants the throttle stuck open. Thats (or brake lines cut) what happens in those movies just before buddy's car shoots off a cliff, right? ;)

makes sense...Yes and no. Gains are minimal. I did it to simplify things a bit, and since I had installed the Thermoblok spacers I wanted to keep the entire intake tract as cool as possible. I had thought of using those lines for turbo coolant feeding, but they are pretty small...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah ill have to way the pros and cons if i really want it bad enough i think i would make some sort of valve for the winter to return coolant to the throttle body.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
I tried it but noticed no difference. I don't drive mine in the winter so i don't know how it would affect cold-weather driveability.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I did the by-pass when I installed my OE spacers. I don't drive the car in the winter, but I have driven in freezing/close to freezing weather. So far I haven't had an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts