Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellow Enthusiasts, Im new to this forum, anyway I recently bought an aem cai for my spec v. I came across an add for bypass valves and investigated it. It said it protects agains rain, snow, hail, etc. Does anyone know if they make one for the spec v? On the Aempower.com site it doesn't show a bypass valve available for this model. And is it really necessary? is it likely that water will be ingested into the system. I live in southern cali so flooding and snow isn't a problem, but it does rain heavy at times?

·
Registered
369 Posts
specvracer said:
Hey Fellow Enthusiasts, Im new to this forum, anyway I recently bought an aem cai for my spec v. I came across an add for bypass valves and investigated it. It said it protects agains rain, snow, hail, etc. Does anyone know if they make one for the spec v? On the Aempower.com site it doesn't show a bypass valve available for this model. And is it really necessary? is it likely that water will be ingested into the system. I live in southern cali so flooding and snow isn't a problem, but it does rain heavy at times?
the bypass valve will not fit the spec v because you will have to cut your cai to make a place for it. No a bypass valve is not necessary and they only work if the filter is totally submerged in water. ;)

·
thatoneguywiththatonecar
127 Posts
Since you live in So Cal I couldn't imagine you haveing any use for it, unless you decided to drive your car on the beach :D

I live in IL and I had one for awhile. It was pointless. You would have to drive though a 3 foot deep pond before there is a need for it!

Also AEM says that it will not work on our cars CAI. They say there is no good place to put it!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanx alot for your help. Can't wait till I install it, i hear from everyones comments that its awesome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts