Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 200SX SER - right now I have Kumho 195/55/15's on it and they are terrible - cupping, lots of road noise, bad handling, etc. I don't race or anything but I'm looking to put a good all season tire on - I've searched the reviews and haven't seen anything very positive about any of the brands that carry the 195/55.

Is anyone using a tire that they really like in the 195/55? Please let me know!! :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Cupping is a sign of Mis-alignment.

It happens because the tire turned in slightly but it is still being forced forward. Have your car aligned and have the front end checked out.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You can always go to a 205/50/15 if you're not finding a tire you want in 195 width.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I rock the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s in 205/50/15 on the stock B14 SE-R wheels and I love them.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You can also use 195/50-15. If you do, one of the best tires is the Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position for $79 at Tirerack.com

If you still aren't sure, go to Tirerack.com and compare it with other tires and their ratings.

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
yeah, man. i dont know why some people give the kumho tires such a hard time. i think they are great tires . once i were these out im diffenetly gettng another set. once u get ur front end straight i say give em another try. u might also want to try www.tires.com

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah if you like having a tire that wears out in less than 10k miles they are good, but if you are not into raceing and would like a good all around all season performance tire, I would recommend the Dunlop SP Sport A2. They are inexpensive and great in the rain and have good cornering as well as a good tread life.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry forgot to add...

I have the Dunlops on my max on the stock rims in a 205/65/15 with a rear sway bar and strut tower in the front and I can push them to the limit on any turn. Granted, the sway bar helps hold the rear down alot but you catch my drift. When I get my 17's on I will probabally go with the SP5000's or BF Goodrich KWDS in a 235/45/17 but want to wear out the A2s first which may take a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts