Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I currently own a 2006 Frontier Crew Cab LE with everything on it. I love my truck, but I now drive a lot for work and gas is killing me. So I am thinking of getting something new.

I am thinking of looking into an Altima or Maxima. I have high-end taste in cars, but am always looking for a bargain too. I need to increase my MPG. I would like to get a minimum of around 10 more mpg than I get now, which is like 17-18. In the Altima or Maxima, I will need to get the higher end engine option, ( I know only in Altima) because where I drive it is very aggressive driving.

Anyway, I have seen both cars on the road and peaked into windows. They both cost almost the same when spec'd the way I want. So, my question is what is the main differences and which is better?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well because I have 2 kids. Now I am considering other smaller 2 door cars as well, but if the 2 door and the 4 door are similar, then I would probably opt for the 4 door. I am just trying to figure out what is the major difference between the Max and the Altima. It used to not even be close, but now it seems to be very close.

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
if you're more worried about price, i'd say the altima since they are usually cheaper. maxima's have a larger motor, and IMO are a lot nicer. plus their HID's are fucking nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I drove both today. I must say that I much preferred the Maxima. The Altima was nice, the acceleration was very good, and the navigation was sweet. However, the Maxima still seemed to be a different class of car than the Altima. The ride was SO much smoother, quieter, and seemed like so much better quality overrall.

Unfortunately, the Nissan dealer thought he could forceably rape me on my trade in so I had to tell him to buzz off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts