Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. This is my first time here. I'm looking to buy a new altima 3.5 this weekend. I just wanted to know how everyone feels about their car and what are the performance upgrades available. Also, anything that anyone doesn't like about it? is the Bose Stereo system worth the extra $? The car that i looked at had just the Sport Package. Any opinions? Thanks in advance

-Jim

·
Registered
268 Posts
Bose is ranked the second best stereo for cars 30K and under By Edmunds

·
Registered
178 Posts
kurizma said:
Hey everyone. This is my first time here. I'm looking to buy a new altima 3.5 this weekend. I just wanted to know how everyone feels about their car and what are the performance upgrades available. Also, anything that anyone doesn't like about it? is the Bose Stereo system worth the extra $? The car that i looked at had just the Sport Package. Any opinions? Thanks in advance

-Jim
I've been traveling around to the car lots looking for a second car. Every salesman I talked to likes the look and performance spec of my Altima. They all have said good things, and these are people in the know. I think?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

Yeah, I test drove a 3.5 yesterday and man was it sweet. I just need to get bring the cash and my trade in. I've already been approved for everything. :)

oh, i also have another question. All the new engines are 3.5s. Are they all the same motors? if so, how do they get the extra horsepower in the Maxima and Z?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Coco said:
The Altima 3.5 is very restricted. Intake, exhaust is different from the Max and the Z. I'm sure there are other factors that contribute to the extra hp. Although our cars are restricted, the can be modded in so many ways :D
If I still heve it in 2 years....I will go all out on the mods...Except for bigger wheels....I do not want it any rougher than it is already

·
Registered
641 Posts
wild willy said:
If I still heve it in 2 years....I will go all out on the mods...Except for bigger wheels....I do not want it any rougher than it is already
I too am waiting to see if I will keep mine. Presently I am on lease and the only mods I`ve done was a drop in K&N air filter and dynomat sound proofing in the trunk.

There`s a guy in town here with a ride like mine and he put larger tires on his and it rides like shit. He has to get a long run on just to keep up with me.:p

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Oh Moderator Ruben, if you want cheaper tire costs, I'd be willing to swap wheels with ya...

·
Registered
76 Posts
kurizma said:

-Jim
Skip the spoiler. Save the $399, get one off Ebay from spoilerDepot (mine was $150+ship) and install yourself. Leaves more money for mods.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: buying new Altima

DaddySkier said:
Skip the spoiler. Save the $399, get one off Ebay from spoilerDepot (mine was $150+ship) and install yourself. Leaves more money for mods.
I don't think you can skip the spoiler anymore if you get one of the "Sport" packages, cuz the spoiler is included all the sport packages for th 03, so every car on the lot with a sport package would have a spoiler. But I guess if he orders it from the factory he could skip anything he wants.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Re: Re: Re: buying new Altima

Waddy said:
I don't think you can skip the spoiler anymore if you get one of the "Sport" packages, cuz the spoiler is included all the sport packages for th 03, so every car on the lot with a sport package would have a spoiler. But I guess if he orders it from the factory he could skip anything he wants.
I used to buy stripped down cars with big engines and then load them up with accessories(they now call them mods).

This time I bought the 3.5 SE with everything that came with it, I had to add the spoiler because there wasn`t one on the ride but overall I`m glad I did.:cool:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had to get the spoiler with what options i wanted. But that was Nov of 2001 .There was also a limited supply of loaded 5gear silvers:D

·
Registered
641 Posts
Buddy02 said:
I had to get the spoiler with what options i wanted. But that was Nov of 2001 .There was also a limited supply of loaded 5gear silvers:D
I understand that a number of Altys sold in the States came with spoilers from the factory. Wild Willy has one and it is silver also.

That was not the case in Canada, it has to be added, thus leaving a hole by the back window, or leaving the extra light in for safety and lower insurance costs.:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: Re: Re: buying new Altima

Waddy said:
True, just skip the "sport" packages. I got my '03 with the leather, not the leather sport pkg. Just in case you need to narrow the $$$ a bit. :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: buying new Altima

Ratwayne said:
I used to buy stripped down cars with big engines and then load them up with accessories(they now call them mods).

This time I bought the 3.5 SE with everything that came with it, I had to add the spoiler because there wasn`t one on the ride but overall I`m glad I did.:cool:
"Accessories"? Good god, how old ARE you?? :p ;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: buying new Altima

Ratwayne said:
Oh Oh! The cat`s out of the bag. Ash Wild Willy, I`m one of his geriatric patients..... hahahaa
:D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts