Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on a post where there was a link to dgracing.com

I wasl ooking at the B12 air intake system..

Do you think its worth the money to buy and does it havea big effect?

·
Registered
292 Posts
i was actually working with DGracing when he built the intake on making a wide mouth kit for the b12 never the less he kinda disapears on me. Dominic from DG racing actually came to the first Sentra FEst meet in Maryland and he installed the first comercial produced short air intake on Matt's car AIM: mattbohager you can contact him and he will tell you all about it. it can even be made into a CAI but i still dont think the 90 degree angle the air is forsted into will do you much good ... plus you have little air mass which is helpfull to the top mount intake.
my desine for a cai is being welded as we speak and all i need now is the tubing :)

ill let you know how it goes.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
The DGRacing intake is pretty expensive for what it is. You can make your own for much cheaper.

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Thanks for posting my intake Sentrastud. It is actually getting new pipes for cold air intake set-up. BTW it is not PVC, it is ABS plastic.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
ryco n12 said:
Is that duct tape?
Try that on your car with 14psi of boost. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Yeah it is duct tape. Haven't you heard duct tape could fix anything? Hehe!! Well it was only temporary (the tape), coz I did not want the pipe to slip out.

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
but i still dont think the 90 degree angle the air is forsted into will do you much good ...
The benifit of a cold air intake is its additional length (and of course denser air volume.) It is possible to create a more efficient intake by tuning the pipes length to match the pulses of the sound waves with the opening and closing of the valves.

Hard to explain on line but take physics and you'll understand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts