Nissan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into SR20 swap for my 96 SE and I was searching for a used engine. Just recently, I found a engine off from 97 SE-R and it has 84K on it. It comes with ECU and harnesses, plus pretty much everything (Flywheel, exhaust manifold, water pump, power steering pump, AC compressor, alternater, and MAF). Seller just checked the compression for me and the result was 168,168,168,170. Only thing wrong with this engine is a O2 sensor is giving Check Engine light. The price he is asking is $600+s/h. Do you think this is a good deal? and shuld I go for it??
84K is a little more than I want, and compression looks just a tiny bit lower (even though still fine). I see some used JDM motor on sale for under $500 now (maybe the engine is a lot older, but pretty sure they have less milleage). But they don't come with all the extra right? I would love to go with JDM but I didn't wanna deal with all the emission thing (my car has OBDII and we have emission test here). Any of you with experience, I would like to hear your serious opinion. Thanks!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts