Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm new here because I'm thinking of buying my first Maxima. I just wanted to ask a couple of questions. (I understand I'm a newbie so please be gentile.) The one I'm looking at is a 96 Maxima 5 spd with 92000 miles. Is has a lot of work already done to it. (skyline body kit, ACT clutch, lowering springs, KYB struts, Injen intake, APEXi cat back dual exhaust, short shifter, 18" rims) He is asking 7500 for the car. First, it the price about right? Second, what do I need to look out for? Any info would be great. Thanks, Mav

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
7500 is a little on the high side but if the car is immaculate then I would probably do it. The miles are really good for that year, that's for sure.

Have the car checked out by a reputable mechanic...I think they would usually charge about $50 but imo that is worth it.

(on a side note...I would probably start haggling the price at $6k and go up from there)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was going to do. (and I am paying cash) I hope he'll take 6500-6700. He sent me pictures and It looks really clean. I'm going to take a look at it in person tomorrow. He lives 2 hours away :( .

·
Registered
110 Posts
Have the car checked over real good. Compression checks and everything.

With those kinds of mods, the previous owner more than likely beat on it. (raced it).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's in Central New Jersey. I'm heading up there this weekend with one friend who customises cars for a living, and his brother who is a mechanic. According to the seller (for what that's worth) he said he never raced it.... we'll see....

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Find out his screen name on Maxima.org...if he's on there. I can tell you if he's raced it or not.

lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, I paid about $5000 for my 97 SE, but it's absolutely standard, and I had to spend about $1000 rectifying problems - mainly oil leaks and a couple of electrical faults.
The Max is a sound car once you get it right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts