Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dang! i just wrote a huge post but the forum deleted it when i had too many smilies, oh well, i'm getting this great deal on this car and i'm wondering what you guys think.

for 1,000 bucks a 91' sentra E, 5 pseed manual, new tranny, new clutch, tinted windows, nice rims, new backend, new paint job(my color of choice), clear blue corner lights, low profile tires 50% tread left on them, exhaust, windshield wiper light things, four new 30 dollar tweeters installed, an alarm sysem, wires already installed for an amp and sub, nice cd deck, starting of a custom blue interior, and radar.

that's what i'm getting. tell me what you think

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
That's a good price and the car looks solid. Let me be the first to say clean that bitch right up by removing those stickers and the blue lights.

·
Pastor of Muppets
153 Posts
Something just smells fishy here. I see the car is kinda riced out... he may have messed something up. When most people put that kinda stuff on their cars, they try to sell them for MORE than they are worth, not less. .

Spend a LOT of time checking the car out. Have a mechanic look at it if you have to. Just make sure the car isn't burning oil or antifreeze, and make sure it doesn't pop out of 5th gear.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DA5785 said:
dang! i just wrote a huge post but the forum deleted it when i had too many smilies, oh well, i'm getting this great deal on this car and i'm wondering what you guys think.

for 1,000 bucks a 91' sentra E, 5 pseed manual, new tranny, new clutch, tinted windows, nice rims, new backend, new paint job(my color of choice), clear blue corner lights, low profile tires 50% tread left on them, exhaust, windshield wiper light things, four new 30 dollar tweeters installed, an alarm sysem, wires already installed for an amp and sub, nice cd deck, starting of a custom blue interior, and radar.

that's what i'm getting. tell me what you think
Sounds good, before you sign on the dotted line I would make sure that the car was not in an accident (salvaged title). Did you take it for a test drive? Also have someone follow you to see if any blue of black smoke is coming out of the tailpipe. A sign of engine problems. If you buy the car, get rid of those stickers!!!!

Good Luck.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, well, it was in an accident, he got ran rearended by a Fedex truck, so that's why we are putting a backend on there, but we went and got it tested, i guess there's some certification test or something for 100 bucks which they test everything and tell you what wrong with it, and luckily the only thing wrong was, needs clutch adjustment(31bucks), new belts(my friend can do it for cheap), and there's a crack in the radiator hose(he can do that too for cheap), so yea, not too bad of a deal, hehe.

He said he found another 91' sentra, and i guess he's trying to buy the whole car for 200 bucks, just the body mainly, and he's gonna take the backend off of that, he said he might be able to get it for free too, but yea, that would be cool. I'm buying it from him for 600 bucks, and 200 bucks for him to do the backend for me, and then i'll probably pay him 100 bucks to fix those lil' problems in it since he's selling it to me for so cheap.

I really talked him down with this deal, but i also work for him too. He's the president of Clubtek Productions( http://www.clubtek.org ) i'm a sound technician for him, so i'm gonna work for free for a while too to kinda pay for the car, hehe, he pays me 10 bucks an hour! woo hoo, hehe.

Clubtek puts on import car shows, rock shows, and raves. Also soon LAN parties which will be pretty cool, go check out the site. peaceasy.

oh yea, and it has 166k miles on it, but for the condition of the engine and everything it's a good deal and also since there is a new tranny in it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And wednesday is when i followed him around and only white smoke came out since it was freakin cold outside, and then after bout 8-12 minutes no more smoke outta the exhuast, so that seems to be good. dude, i check some of your guy's car out and they're lookin freakin nice! hehe, after he puts the new backend on he's gonna paint it for me for free, 1. i'm helping him out with Clubtek, 2. we are good friends, 3. i'm gonna be in his Clubtek Car Club coming out soon, so yea, he want's it to be lookin good. and 4 cause i'm gonna help him out a lot with mods with the new car he's gonna buy.

yea, the 166k miles though is kinda bad, but not too bad, he bought the car 4 months ago for $2,500 and he put like a crapload of miles on it, but has been keeping up with oil changes and keepin everything topped off, he was gonna sell it to me for 2 grand, but then he got in the car wreck, so he took 800 bucks off the price and was gonna sell it for 1,200, but i talked him down to 600 as-is, and then i'm gonna pay him prob total 300-400 bucks to fix it up and maybe add a couple small mods. I get the car in mid January, i worked out how my money situation is and that's prob when i'll get it, since my other company i work for only really needs me on sundays for 6 hours, but yea peace out all, and send me somemore links to some coool sentra's.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, another PNW guy... oh yeah - if you need a right front corner lense I have one - my '93 was in a slight "altercation" - it got backed into by a shipping truck - and it has a '91-'92 RF corner lense, not a '93-'94, so it doesn't fit quite right...

Anyways, be sure that it drives straight and has no major damage - and if the back bumper is toasted, save up & put a clean, mild body kit on it - nothing too flashy, just clean & simple...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nah, i like my corner lights, i kinda like the ricer look, don't kill me for it though, hehe

so i'm guessing you guys think it's a good deal right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is a good deal i got my 91 sentra SE for $750.00 with about 103,000 miles on it and 7,000 miles later It broke down but it was just the alternator but other than that it never let me down.
The only problem with the car now is that the car leaks oil but that’s all.
What is the mileage on the car?

·
Registered
50 Posts
That is a good deal i got my 91 sentra SE for $750.00 with about 103,000 miles on it and 7,000 miles later It broke down but it was just the alternator but other than that it never let me down.
The only problem with the car now is that the car leaks oil but that’s all.
What is the mileage on the car?
This thread is from 2002..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know this is an old thread but still relevant I guess. This should put a little perspective on the deal this person got.

I'm in the process of restoring my 91 Sentra. It's never been wrecked, but needed parts to be replaced when I found it cheaper to buy a new car (no down, no payments for 1 year). That was 9 years ago. Long story short, the Sentra is currently in the shop. Labor to install rotors, power steering pump, fuel filter & pump, remove header and replace it with stock manifold, engine, tranny & radiator flush, oil change and smog; Total about $1100 (including charging me $200 labor to remove the wheels locks - I lost the gorilla lock key), plus the labor to figure out why the car wouldn't start (it needed a new fuel pump). This didn't include parts, which was about another $1300+ (struts & springs, rotors, drums, pads, fuel and power steering pump, short throw shifter, new muffler, paint, JDM grill, clear tail lights and a Limited Edition Sentra Trunk lid). I still have to get the struts & springs, short throw shifter, muffler and paint put on. I imagine that'll be another $1000, including having a shop put on the paint (I hope it's not more than $500). Registration, another $180. (oh yeah, I need new tires, too - $280 for 205/40-16). Thankfully, the shop was about a mile from the local Nissan junk yard (Sunrise Nissan).

Roughly $2860 for the restoration (for a car Kelly Blue Book says is worth less than $1000). I paid $9299+ tax, new, in 1991 for it, and been buying the parts over the past few years. This was my first car I paid off and it would have been a shame to just let it go. Sure, for $3000, I could have gotten something way better that actually runs... but still... it's wouldn't have been my Sentra.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts