Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 240SX that I am going to put new performance bushings in... I know it will take a while, but does anyone know how difficult it would be? I have heard horror stories of people having to have a machine press to get some of the bushings out (and in...)! Anybody have any stories of handeling differance w/ bushings or ride quality? let me know! Thanks,
RB

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
s13silvia said:
I have a 1989 240SX that I am going to put new performance bushings in... I know it will take a while, but does anyone know how difficult it would be? I have heard horror stories of people having to have a machine press to get some of the bushings out (and in...)! Anybody have any stories of handeling differance w/ bushings or ride quality? let me know! Thanks,
RB
Its pretty easy if you heat the area around the bushing slightly with a propane torch, then press them out in a vice. Just heat until they slightly smoke. Don't burn the paint off or set them on fire. With a press, its much easier.

Mike

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Recommend bushing press. Some may be so old and worn that they will come out easy enough, but putting them in would be another story without the aid of a press machine.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much does it cost?

Does anyone know how much it would cost to have the bushings taken out and put the new ones in at a press? (assuming I take the pieces individually to him/her) Thanks...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts