Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have a bruning smell somewhere on my car, almost like burning rubber. its gross... anyway i replaced my brakes and master cylinder and e brake so its not those. could it be my clutch? and if so do engine replacements replace the clutch in your car? cause if they do then i got nothin to worry about.,\

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have the same smell in my car, but only when I start it up, and usually there's a belt squeeling in mine when I smell it, check your belts, if they're frayed at all, the frays might be burning off from the friction and that's what you smell, if this is the case replace them. A clutch doesn't really smell like burning rubber...a clutch has a smell of it's own. If it's your clutch you should feel it grabbing at a different spot than usual, it'll usually slip more and more if the clutch is wearing away...

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
240luvr said:
a clutch has a smell of it's own.
If you've ever attempted to teach a girl how to drive a stick, you'll become acquainted with the smell of burning clutch quite quickly.
I'd guess that your burning smell is indeed a belt. However, no matter what is making the smell, almost all moving parts are replaced when you do an engine swap anyways, so you're in good shape. At least you will be with an SR20DET!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts