Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just recently replaced my timing chain, tensioner, guides and gears on my 93 D21 4x4 KA24E. before i did this it did not burn One drop of oil. Now that ive changed thses parts the truck is burning oil. where i have to add a quart about every week. ive checked for leaks, and everything is dry. the truck has 79859 miles on it. The truck runs excellent, not a tick, sqeal or anything. So how would it burn oil now that ive changed the timing componants? I did a compression check, and it had almost perfect compression,(It was at 5% on the dial, and 0 means perfect) so i know that part is good. Anyone know what could have happened?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea when the RPMS go above 3500 blue smoke startes to come out, not thick smoke but you can tell

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Valves themselves, or could it be valve guide seals, because when i gave it a tune up there were signs of ash deposits on the plugs

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
makes sense, thats not to hard of a job...thanks for the imput

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,522 Posts
If you're losing oil at that rate just by replacing the timing chain components, I'd venture to say that you have a major oil leak in the front of the motor. Could be the crankshaft seal or the timing cover seal.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i replaced all the gaskets and seals

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did the first time, but i had to tear down the front cover again because i blocked the entire hole, i had no oil pressure. i cleaned it all up, and put a light amount right around the two holes on the cover. i have new gaskets, seals, the whole nine yards. like i said the truck runs excellent, just like a brand new truck, but the only thing wrong is the oil burning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts