Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
im2kwik4u
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF I SHAVE MY BUMPSTOPS ON MY STOCK SHOCKS WILL THEY HAVE MORE TRAVEL, OR GIVE ME A BETTER RIDE/?
AND HOW MUCH SHOULD I SHAVE OFF

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
So do you have lowering springs on your car? If you dont i really dont think it will make a difference. But if you do, when you installed your springs you were suppose to cut the bump stops in half.

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
yo bro...check your CAPS lock..its yelling on the internet..Im moving this to the suspension section...

·
Registered
547 Posts
What happens if you take them all the way out? :D No bottoming out sensation yet!

·
im2kwik4u
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry about the caps-lock,i have 2" lowering springs, if i take it to the shop to have the bumpstops cut in half, will it give me somewhat a better ride?

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
Somewhat better..yes..BUT,

Stock struts cannot handle being lowered period. They are most likely blown at this point. removing part of the bumpstop will get you some more travel..but you really need a good set of aftermarket struts. I recommend getting the Adjustable KYB AGX's.

Then use either the Koni microcellular bumpstops, or the Progress polyurethane bumpstops. The stock rubber isnt up to the abuse with a 2 inch drop.

These are the Konis..(courtesy of www.motivational.net)

These are the Progress..(courtesy of me :) )

·
im2kwik4u
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much do u think the whole set will run me for?

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
The AGX's are around $400

The Konis are around $70

The Progress are around $20

If you do the work yourself...

Labor is free...if not....

add in the labor to swap the struts out.

So either 470.00 plus labor

or

420.00 plus labor depending on what Bumpstops you choose and labor in your area/shop

·
im2kwik4u
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how do the agx adjustable's work? wat is there to adjust?

·
im2kwik4u
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its awesome how they work, but i dont think i would need them for that , is there another type of strut/shock that would make the ride a little bit better and doesnt cost as much?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know what size bumpstops i should get if im lowering my car 2 inches because im not gonna buy them from motivational and im not sure what size in mm or whatever and im getting kyb agx shocks and struts, thanks in advance

·
Registered
67 Posts
You can buy the aftermarket kyb boots..think they sell for $10 a piece

D

·
0 Posts
ok is this weird...i had bumpstops on the back, but the front struts had no bumpstops... i saw the boots, over the shocks and the tops of the boots had these little ruber things resembling bumpstops but i dont think they were.. i kep the boots off but kept the ruber pieces.. i am so confused.. please help

1 - 20 of 20 Posts