Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are bumpstops and is there anything i should know about them along with the spring seat and upper insulators before installing my new setup---tokico hp and eibach pro kit springs

thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
a96se said:
what are bumpstops and is there anything i should know about them along with the spring seat and upper insulators before installing my new setup---tokico hp and eibach pro kit springs

thanks
bumpstops are what keep your struts from bottoming out on big bumps. they are cone shaped and made of a sort of foam rubber and sit on the strut where the piston goes into the cylinder. the spring seats are part of the strut and are not removable. when you install the new setup, take the bumpstops and cut them in half. that way your struts will be able to compress a little bit more since the lowering springs are shorter and need the extra room to sit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AsleepAltima said:
bumpstops are what keep your struts from bottoming out on big bumps. they are cone shaped and made of a sort of foam rubber and sit on the strut where the piston goes into the cylinder. the spring seats are part of the strut and are not removable. when you install the new setup, take the bumpstops and cut them in half. that way your struts will be able to compress a little bit more since the lowering springs are shorter and need the extra room to sit.
thanks for the info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts