Nissan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Pimpin the BigDaddyMobile
667 Posts
ya thats what i saw for the 74

but the 194 i got from
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&category=33713&sspagename=STRK:MEBWN:IT&rd=1

freezing_frost said:
Are you talking about these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33713&item=2463505607
For the HVAC, looking at it... If it's not an inverted LED, I don't think it will dispurse the light evenly through the face.
Tekno said it didn't work well when he tried it, but you'll have to ask him for more info on that cause I didn't try it. (I don't know which type of LED he tried.)

It is possible to use a 194 bulb... So when I get the LEDs for my guages, I'm going to get a few extra for my HVAC cause using the standard 194 bulbs makes too much heat in the HVAC and the LED emits less heat.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33713&item=2464617706

· Registered
86 Posts

667 Posts
well i guess I got fucked by ebay
He said they would be shipped monday
yesterday i got a e-mail saying they wont have em till saturday
so I e-mailed saying give me a refund he said he understood
then I replued well if u can have em to me by monday or tuesday i will take me.

freezing_frost said:
How are the LED bulbs? Do they light well? Pics?

I'm still debating about it, cause can't seem to decide to order it online or buy it locally... Price wise it almost comes out to the same due to the currency exchange and S&H.

667 Posts
well i just got the bulbs in
I ordered 6 but because of well a long story he sent me 12
heheh

freezing_frost said:
Cool, take pics and post them after you get them in.

When two of my gauge bulbs burnt out, I just replaced them with coloured bulbs and the colour is find but it's starting to fade. It's ok though. hahaha

667 Posts
acouple if things.

1. I have small bulbs in my gauge pod. They are in a BLUE HOUSING smaller than the 194.

2. WHat size goes in the damn HAZARD/DEFROSH has anyone figured it out?

FatBoy4 said:
well i put them in and the look good,.

Hey all B14 owners with NO TACH AND NOT A SER

what size are the SMALLER bulbs?

like for the ummm like the TURN SIGNAL BULBS.

· Registered
86 Posts
I don't know what size the bulbs are for the turn signal blinker in the dash pod, but if you plan on replacing it with coloured bulbs/LEDs... I don't think it would work cause the thing that makes it green is the plastic sheet infront of the bulb.

But if they are the same size as the HVAC bulbs, I was told it was size 74.

667 Posts
well i think I will be remove all color coded "films"
that wat get all blue

freezing_frost said:
I don't know what size the bulbs are for the turn signal blinker in the dash pod, but if you plan on replacing it with coloured bulbs/LEDs... I don't think it would work cause the thing that makes it green is the plastic sheet infront of the bulb.

But if they are the same size as the HVAC bulbs, I was told it was size 74.

· Registered
86 Posts
FatBoy4 said:
acouple if things.

1. I have small bulbs in my gauge pod. They are in a BLUE HOUSING smaller than the 194.
Huh? Didn't you say you got LEDs?

FatBoy4 said:
acouple if things.

2. WHat size goes in the damn HAZARD/DEFROSH has anyone figured it out?
For a B14, I don't think the Hazard "Button" (if that's what you are talking about) has a bulb in it. Don't know the size of the Defrost "Button" bulb.

667 Posts
they both 2

the DEFROSH has 2 little hass bulbs
and the hazard has 1

i pulled htem off and checked.

freezing_frost said:

For a B14, I don't think the Hazard "Button" (if that's what you are talking about) has a bulb in it. Don't know the size of the Defrost "Button" bulb.

667 Posts
freezing_frost said:
yES i GET GET LEDS

they have 3 bulbs 2 bulbs in one switch and 1 in the terh cant remember which has switch

667 Posts
ok
now i have figured ou what bulbs I am tlaking about

ITS THE DUMBY LIGHTS.

i have talked to some poeple and they say they are all 194 bulbs
well my damn dumby lightsare not 194

can anyone shed light (no pun) on what sisze these bulbs are

· Registered
120 Posts
Not sure all the wattage information offered above is correct. 158, 168, 194, and others will plug into the same outlet, but will offer different amount of light. The guy that posted here: http://www.theherd.com/articles/bulbs.html seems to have done some homework.

Good luck. Don't melt stuff by using too high wattage bulb -- just because it fits, doesn't mean it's right. But if it solves a problem, go for it.

· Faster! FASTER!!!
326 Posts
azkicker0027 said:
well when the led's were added, did you hook them up in parallel, because i think that whenever you add a parallel circuit, you increase the amperage, thus creating more heat and burning stuff, otherwise if you just replace the bulb or hook up in series, it won't be as bad..........
You do have the right idea. A parallel circuit creates less resistance amongst the resistors (light bulbs) and more amps are passed through the circuit. Having the bulbs in a series is safer, but the extra resistance may cause the bulbs to not be as bright as they could be. But it isn't all about amps, but watts. Watts are a unit of power which is work/time. If more work is done over the given time that the circuit can handle you get a melt down.

· Registered
113 Posts
Yeah, but where the hell can we buy these? All they say on them is 77, and no store has'em. I'm thinking of just wiring up led's in there, stick a 3mm led in that white rubber crap.. would fit perfect...
FatBoy4 said:
they both 2

the DEFROSH has 2 little hass bulbs
and the hazard has 1

i pulled htem off and checked.

· Datsun Guy
1,674 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.