Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if any of you remember, but i had a thread on here asking about coilovers for a 620.
well it turns out that i never needed them. ive got my buick v6 swap done. im putting the buick in a 620. ive got a couple of pics that i took with my new camera.

sorry the pics are so big. still getting used to the camera.

neil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres some more pics.

there ya go!

neil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope, no GN motor here. its just a 4.1 outta a 84 regal. i had to cut quite a bit out of the firewall to get the tall bell housing to fit. its not that bad though. the radiator is out of a 89 mercuray sable. the taurus of the same year is probably the same. its a 2 core aluminum though.

neil

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks. Did you have to move any metal to get the rad to fit? Being aluminum and a crossflow, I'll bet it has plenyt of cooling. Will the fill neck fit under the hood? Any pics of the inside showing the firewall? Was the heater box in the middle over the tranny hump like the 521 is? If so, what are you plans to put the heater back in.
OH....any probs routing the exh around the torsion bars?
What year is the 620? Mainly curious if it's disc or drum brakes up front.
Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well for starters the truck is a 74. its got drums brakes all the way around.
for the radiator all i had to cut was a little bit of the battery tray. i also had to trim a bit of plastic off of the radiator. also the radiator had 2 prongs that were on the bottom that i cut off.
for the heater, i took it out, and aint gonna have another. i had to cut alot of metal where the bellhousing goes. i dont think i can get a pic since i have the truck in storage now.
i never got to the exhaust, but it would if you do go to big. i was going to make a y pipe and just have a big single exhaust, but i never got to it.
i put the truck away for a while so i can get another truck for a driver, and im gonna be putting a smallblock chevy in it.
but if you need any info about swapping a motor into something, gie me a holler. ive done 2 v8 luvs and the datsun.

neil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh, i dont think the radiator filler neck will clear the hood. i really dont plan on running a hood when i put the v8 in it.

neil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts