Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know a easy way to fix the mounts that aim the headlights? the plastic thing that aims them is broken and they point downwards and the night vision is horrible.

any ideas?

B

·
0 Posts
I've had the same problem with my sentra. I taped it for a while, and it did keep the lights level to provide me with good lighting, but I got sick of how ghetto it looked after a while. My advice for you is to go to a wrecking or junk yard to find some good ones off the same year sentra. I found a set of front lights for my sentra for $50 compared to the $300 that Nissan quoted me. Just my experience.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, its not actually the headlights that are broken, its the piece that bolts (screws) to the body, the trouble is that it looks like id have to remove the rad to get at it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
same thing happened to me..

the piece of the headlight that hold its down to body broke on mine..

will a junkyard sell me just 1?

B

·
0 Posts
Yeah, you can buy just 1, in pairs or however many you want. Just let them know what you need, and they might have it on stock. It depends if you go to an open junkyard, the ones where they let you walk around and take the parts you need and then pay for them, or the other kind, where they are closed and you just put in request for what you want. I don't know how the junkyards are in New York, because I live in California where we have junkyard galore since there are sooo many freakin people here. Also you can try car-parts.com, a great online parts resource to help you find parts.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha...where did you get those headlights from dropped? how much were they, are they easy to mount/wire?

·
Registered
292 Posts
i got them off ebay .. they are E36 bmw lights.. yes they were easy to install .. and yes they are easy to wire up infact i just did it tonight thanks to my friend matt who i called in MD who jsut finished his JDM SR20de swap into his 200sx he gave me the idea of how to easily hook them right up and it worked perfect.. the job will take you a total of 5-6 hours most likly

the headlights 159$

im doing a write up on it and sense you will need a new girll the new grills will be on sale after next week most likly when my friend at the metal shop gets it done.

silvia s13 lights will work for our cars too seen it done b4 :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually i kind of fixed it, you know how the light assy has the little ball coming off of it that plugs into the plastic piece that bolts to the frame? well that plactis piece broke, so i took a large nylon zip tie (dont laugh) and wrapped it around the ball piece, then wrapped it around the frame. it doesnt look ghetto because you dont even notice it unless your looking for it, and they are ALMOST right where thier supposed to be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts