Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 sentra gle w/ ga16de the adjuster for tension on the altenator belt seems to have broken off, now i have belt squeel. does anyon know a quick fix for this?
 

·
wont go any faster?
Joined
·
475 Posts
jasoninmaine said:
i have a 96 sentra gle w/ ga16de the adjuster for tension on the altenator belt seems to have broken off, now i have belt squeel. does anyon know a quick fix for this?
mine did it too hopefuly your talking about the one on the fire wall. if that case get a nut and bolt, and put a pry bar on it and tighten the bolt. and there its solved
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Skoodles said:
mine did it too hopefuly your talking about the one on the fire wall. if that case get a nut and bolt, and put a pry bar on it and tighten the bolt. and there its solved
Unfortunatly he is talking about the one that is under the ac compressor, a bigger pain to get to (as if the power steering adjustment bolt isn't hard enough to get to!).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
jer28 said:
Unfortunatly he is talking about the one that is under the ac compressor, a bigger pain to get to (as if the power steering adjustment bolt isn't hard enough to get to!).
I found alternator belt tensioner pretty easy to get to if you take off the under-plastic guard thing and use a small ratchet with a 3inch extension.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top