Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
im not sure where to get new ones, other than the dealer, but i do know there are more parts than just the arms to replace them.....i recomend the factory service manual, if you have access to it.....on another not, im guessing you did the same I did.....Missed 3rd gear, leaving you stranded on the side of the road, waiting for your buddies?.....I was planning on doing a complete rebuild with mostly aftermarket and Nismo parts, but im instead importing a clip.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
u can brake those!!, jesus lol never heard of that, what did u do? ive seen them get worn to bits from the oil droppers gettin clogged but never even heard of them snapping

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh yes you can.

Slacky said:
u can brake those!!, jesus lol never heard of that, what did u do? ive seen them get worn to bits from the oil droppers gettin clogged but never even heard of them snapping
I broke a few in my day. I had a classic SE-R that loved to go First-Second-Third-Second- KRACK,POP,CLUNK-Shut down. Apparently a downshift into 2nd at 80-90 mph is a bad thing. I did a little research and found out this was actually a fairly common problem. I eventually got a used tranny from Japan and never had this problem again. The sad thing is I thought I had blown the engine and rode my bicycle to work for 3 months to save enough funds to buy a new engine. It ended up only costing me $45 and about 1 hour of time to fix it. Oh well. :eek:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
lol well atleast u had play money and excersize is always good, one more thing.... why were u doin 80-90 in third lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah im gone get them from greg cause the wrecking yards dont want to sell me the parts they want to sell the whole engine and yes they broke on third gear :thumbup: but i didn't miss the gear dunno what hapend thanks 4 the imput guys :cheers:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey sorta good news my cousin had a det he wanted 500 for it of coarse i dont have the money but told him ill give him 50 a week and guess what its mine now

even faster fstb13ser :thumbup: lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
fstb13ser said:
nope the actual head is about an inch bigger on the valve cover and im not paying 500 for internals only besides i already gave it back :rolleyes:
Besides that, a RWD SR20 won't fit because if you aligned it in a FWD configuration, everything would be on the wrong (opposite) sides!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
well if its head internals u need, i too all my s13 lifters uhh little round circle spacers that go right above the retainers oil droppers and with with 2 washers notched out to pass the extended roll pin i even installed the cams and it all went together jsut fine, and ran good until piston one which i knew had a knock, broke free from its rod

·
Registered
6 Posts
Slacky said:
lol well atleast u had play money and excersize is always good, one more thing.... why were u doin 80-90 in third lol
I used to drag race years ago

1 - 17 of 17 Posts