Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I need to change my rotors and brake pads on my Sentra.

I went to a local shop and they have BREMBO cross drilled rotors and KVR carbon Pads in stock.

Will I noticed a great difference w/crossdrilled or should I just buy a set of Original Nissan pads and rotors?

Can you drive in the winter w/crossdrilled or will I end up ruining them.

Do the rotors last as long as Originals and will I be replacing brake pads all the time?

·
0 Posts
I bought brembo sport(oem replacement) slotted rotors front & back with axxis ultimate brake pads at all corner the last summer.

I did lapping on a regular basis the last summer and with my setup, i don't find that the brembo disc made any difference.

I will bought brembo(plain) again only if i find a place where they are cheaper than the oem. They are not better or worst either.

SentraBoy said:
Will I noticed a great difference w/crossdrilled or should I just buy a set of Original Nissan pads and rotors?
Into normal driving situation and with rotor at the same size? I don't think you will feel a difference.

If you buy these rotors, do it for the looks not for their efficiency.

Can you drive in the winter w/crossdrilled or will I end up ruining them.
It could be possible that ice fill into the hole and expand/crack your rotors. Except that it more the look that will be ruined(rust).

I use my oem rotor at the rear and really cheap rotor(25$/each) a the front for winter.

Do the rotors last as long as Originals and will I be replacing brake pads all the time?
If you don't use an agressive break pads, it will last nearly as long.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i just got them for the front for my alty.........i havent put them on yet, but im sure it will be pretty much the same............they do look better tho............. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts