Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay On my b12 sedan, I had a seal go out in the master cylinder. :mad: So i went down the autozone to pick up a reman cylinder for like 35 buck. i bench bled it, and all the crap. so i head under the car to bleed the rear passenger break. After about 2 hours still nothing. curious i go around and bleed all the others. they work just fine. so i check my bleeder valve and its cleen as a whistle. All my metal lines are fine. My guess is the rubber hose ruptured on the inside or something?! And thats keeping the air from escaping? Any ideas would help me. moneys tight so i would hate to buy new rubber lines and that not be the case?

Thanks, B12Bro

·
Still Nissaning
825 Posts
I have had a rear wheel cylander get blocked to where no fluid would come out the bleeder. What I ended up doing was taking the hose off the back and put my finger over the line to keep air from going back up the line, and have the second person run the brake pedal. If you get fluid from the line then your rear brake cylander is plugged behind the bleeder. I think I bought my new cylander from PEP-Boys Auto for like $15 and all was good. The other auto parts stores wanted like $35-45 for it for some reason.
If fluid does not come from the line you will need to backtrack to the master cylander to see where it is getting blocked.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ordered all new rubber lines for all the wheels, il see how that goes friday when i get them. i moved it from the drive way to the garage and the wheel wasnt lock up. Hope its just the old rear lines.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI, after spending 50 bucks on all new lines and basicly rebuilding my entire break system. The idiots who built the master cylinder (i finaly got a week ago) built it wrong. no pressure what so ever on the driver front and passenger back. Every time i work on my b12 some idiot screws it up. But hey i love workin on my old nissan!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts