Nissan Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
sr20dem0n said:
Nice choice, but like I said before peak power is worthless; focus on rms, that's all that matters.
i was sorta making a joke.... but that deck is wasome it only go to 35(no spinning the knob for days to get to a good level, like my old pionerre) and i have it set so the amps clip at 33, but i usally only drive with it at 23-26. when i said 50 w max, i was referring to the fact that with this deck, unlike others, can(with amp gain on minimum) be turned to max volume and still deliver a undistorted signal

sr20dem0n said:
Unfortunately RF isn't what they used to be. That series of amps that you have are very nice, but they've gone downhill.
im gonna have to aggree, i only have the 6x9s and the p2002 from the newer models. they do sound awsome when combinded. the 301m and rfp4410 are both from 2003(?) and fu!kin rock. i wish i could find more amps/subs from this era, but ebay is expensive. plus you dont really know what your getting

·
Registered
332 Posts
wes said:
...In fact I try and avoid any Hu that has abuilt in amplifier as it does nothing more than create unwanted heat...
thats one of the main reasons i like my Alpine CDA-9853, you can turn the internal amp on/off :thumbup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
BOston pro60 These speakers just about blew me and the man at Baldwin Electronics out of the store. Amazing highs and clear crisp everything else. 125watts rms.

·
See Below
278 Posts
I just replaced my stock speakers with PIONEER TS-G1641R (6 1/2'' 2-way). They are a great replacement speaker for STOCK... At $25 dollars a pair from a Amazon reseller. The sound is allot better than the paper stock speakers, highs are not distorted. They do have very little bass (but still more than stock)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Car Audio/Stereo at HiFiSoundconnection

I got a pair of Kicker comp vx 12" dual 4 ohm VC for $125 befor shipping
750 watts RMS these things are amazing!!! I would recomend these or a pair of L7s they have those for $125 also.

Car Audio / Stereo - Car Audio and Stereos Car Audio and Stereo Accessories      

I went here and got a legacy "american legacy series" 2000 watt amp for $90 before shipping and paired with the kickers i hardly want to sit in the car when its turned up half way.

( CVX retail for $350 each i didnt pay that for both of mine with the amp before shipping)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I bought a pair of 6.5" Durabrand speakers made out of paper for 20 gold. They do mid-tones sufficiently well, but not much else. They were replacements for the stock speakers.

In the back I have a pair of 6.5" 2-way Soundstream (or something like that) speakers. One speaker has a dead tweeter and can only do mid-tones; the Durabrand speakers sound better. The other one is fully functional and sounds okay, but there's nothing extraordinary about it.

In the trunk I have a 12" MTX subwoofer (I don't know the model; I think it's a Thunder5000 or something) that hits pretty hard. I've heard people say that MTX subwoofers don't give clear bass, but I beg to differ; mine sounds nice.

My girlfriend has a pair of 6.5" 2-way Alpine Type-S's that sound spectacular. The treble is crisp and the mid-tones are clear. They were 100 gold and worth every penny.

In her trunk are a pair of 12" Punch subwoofers (don't know the model) that kick ass.

·
Registered
36 Posts
not a grea detailed review
but i just got 2 Pioneer Premier TS-W3004SPL . 12 in. sub in bouble ported sealed in the middle box.
sounds amazing, great competition speakers. max out at 3000 watts, so now i jsut put 2 rockford fosgate 1200 watt amps to em, and i know im going to get a ticket for those things. they are definitly worth the money

61 - 68 of 68 Posts