Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ive been a Rockford Fosgate fanatic for about 5 or 6 years now, their products have always performed excellently and have RARELY given me any trouble. Ive had only 1 sub blow out of about 15 or 16 Ive owned over the years.
The Fanatic X component systems are great too, really great stuff. RMS-70 140-Peak and the highs are very crisp. The mids do a good job too...even when damaged by installation 4 years ago.

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
Got a pair of Adire Koda 6.1 components in today. These replaced the Focal Polyglass 165v2 components that I had before.
www.adireaudio.com
http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/speakers/car_audio/adire_koda_6-1_component.shtml

These things are insane, that's all there is to it. With just ONE of the sides hooked up, it easily smashed the pair of Focals into the ground in sub-100hz output. I can, no shit, turn off my sub, put the Kodas on full range (no highpass filter) and it just sounds beautiful. Obviously I can't turn it up to deafening levels with it like this though, so I keep the highpass at 50-63hz. With it crossed this low (which you can't do with 99% of the speakers out there and still be able to turn it up as loud as you can with these), it keeps the sub playing the true subbass frequencies only, keeping it out of the midbass. This makes the whole system sound tighter, punchier, and just cleaner in general. Installing these speakers has actually allowed me to tune the system such that I've fallen in love with my sub again, I've never been able to do that before.

The downside is these mids are huge fat bastards, they have a 3" mounting depth and the motor itself is no slouch. Here are a few pics of the Koda mid vs the Focal Polyglass mid:

www.resnet.trinity.edu/areynol1/hosting/audio/kodas_01.jpg
www.resnet.trinity.edu/areynol1/hosting/audio/kodas_02.jpg
www.resnet.trinity.edu/areynol1/hosting/audio/kodas_03.jpg
www.resnet.trinity.edu/areynol1/hosting/audio/kodas_04.jpg
www.resnet.trinity.edu/areynol1/hosting/audio/kodas_05.jpg - this last one cracks me up

Keep in mind, these are now around the same price. The polyglass on ebay are in the upper 200's shipped with no warranty and no customer service, the Kodas are $350 shipped with a full warranty and amazing customer service (I've dealt with both Adire themselves and Kyle at acoustic-visions and I can tell you that their customer service really is amazing)

·
Registered
574 Posts
I see the changed the design on rubber surround, mine got pretty tore up because of the old version. Youre probably on CAF all the time so you know what im talkin about. I have heard the Focal 165k2's and I wasnt that impressed. Im glad to hear you like them though. Its nice to see a fellow nissan/adire owner. I still have a blown Brahma mark1 then needs a recone, im just too lazy hehe.

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
Yeah it really surprised me, they have this cardboard piece that's glued securely to the flange all the way around with little cutouts for the screw holes. The surround is cut where the screwholes are and everything. All of the problems that people had before seem to have been fixed, I didn't even know they had done it, but it was definitely a pleasant surprise.

This is my 2nd set of Adire speakers, the first set is a pair of their Kit 81 home theater towers. Those sound so amazing that it's part of the reason why I chose the kodas for the components and the Brahma for the sub. I just wish the Brahma wasn't on backorder....

·
Registered
19 Posts
In process of putting 4 kenwood 1779ie 6.75". Finshed with the two rear and they sound awesome and crystal clear. Drowns the front stocks.... :cool: : :thumbup:

·
Registered
291 Posts
CDT component sets:

*CL61 - great entry level speakers, cant get a better quality speaker and especially not for the price.

*EF-61cfi - upgraded model to those above, feature carbon fiber cones and vented magnets. Again, superb quality and sound. Can easily compete with Morel, MB Quart, Focal, etc...

Dynaudio 240GT component set:
* what more to say about Dynaudio....the best of the best!

Image Dynamics comp set:
*CSX62 - very nice set, very clean production of music. Tonally balanced.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Pioneer TS-A1680R 4 Way 6 1/2 in speaker

Great price, you can get them online for 70 bucks, in stores for 90-100. Their very loud and hold up rather well at high volume levels. If you dont have a component amp pushing your speakers, you will not hear a difference between this and more expensive speakers. I had them up front and in the back (still use the backs). Great price for what you get, I highly reccomend.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Speaker upgrade..HelP pleeeze!!!

I have Infinity's in my front doors. Does anybody know any good 6.5 speakers that hit hard so I can replace the back one's?

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
yes, they're called subwoofers, you aren't going to find 6.5" midranges that "hit hard"

·
Registered
12 Posts
speakers

if you want a good brand of speaker i would get rockford fosgate. Friend has them and they are really clear. I have sony xplode and they are alright. Pioneers are pretty good to. But definitly look into the rockford fosgate.

·
Registered
97 Posts
After keeping Sony Xplodes and Infinity, now I have Rockford Fosgate Punch. They rock. Total sound quality, they are a bit expensive, but once you hear then you will realize the money worth the sound you get out of it.

·
i'm an asshole
1,859 Posts
schauhan said:
After keeping Sony Xplodes and Infinity, now I have Rockford Fosgate Punch. They rock. Total sound quality, they are a bit expensive, but once you hear then you will realize the money worth the sound you get out of it.
i agree, a lot of people are saying that rockford isn't as good as they used to be. my friend bought his punch subwoofers about 2 years ago and they still hit hard as hell. their amps are really good, too.

·
suckas gotta know
249 Posts
I tried to bring in a new company to sell called Bravox. Tried out there CS60K components and so far they are great for the money. Very detailed on low end and tweeters are very nice as well. I found myself going through all the old cds to hear the different style they bring o the table. Only complaint is as the low end are detailed and hit hard they dont have a low end rumble. I know people say that what a sub is for but great components can do a little of that too. Overall a nice pair that i still use today.
Clif Design cd6.5c components. They were very laid back and have a strong midbass. hey get lower then the bravox but didnt have the same kick. The tweeters are very laid back, much like the cdt cl61a or something like that. Overall not bad at all but the bravox edges them out.
Cdt cl series. A friend bought them on sale for 150 i believe. They are also a laid back speaker. I heard they had good midbass as i was the one who recommended the speaker but compared to the other two i was a little dissapointed. They sound smooth and seem like they can handle the power a little better then the other two. They just didnt excite me like the bravox did. I guess its just preference.
All of these speakers were given 125 watts rms from a viper 400.2 amp.
http://www.bravoxaudio.com/csk.asp
http://www.clifdesigns.com/index3.html
http://www.thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-CL-61A-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-101083.htm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Alpine E drive subs...

Hard hitting and hard Bass. Just don't like the wafting Bass hits on bass drops. The PPI's sounds tight on the bass drops, but lousy on the rest..go figure.

MB quartz...6X9..awesome for those that like rock..low on the rms, but make up for it in ear splitting guitars, and solid mid bass.

JL audio 8" subs...all I can say is..those were 8's? Didn't feel like it..lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
sr20dem0n said:
yes, they're called subwoofers, you aren't going to find 6.5" midranges that "hit hard"
Actually JL Audio produces a 6wO that hits 30 Hz on the low end. Focal makes a 6.5" that hits 28 hz...

·
Spin those tires up!
205 Posts
Just Installed Kenwood KFC-P605ie 6-1/2 component speaker In my doors.Great mids and Highs. I havent really Found a speaker that will Fit the Rear.
2 12 Inch Infinity Reference subs. Hit Low and hit hard With a Infinity Infinity Reference 7541a to Power the subs

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
Azgrower said:
Actually JL Audio produces a 6wO that hits 30 Hz on the low end. Focal makes a 6.5" that hits 28 hz...
yeah, those are subwoofers, TB has one too

That was basically the point of what I was saying, you can find something that size that will "hit hard", but it's not going to be a coax or component set, it's going to be a dedicated subwoofer.

·
Registered
306 Posts
DLS Iridium 6.2

I am running these active with very different XO points ([email protected] LP, [email protected] HP) from the passive unit. These are absolutely everything that people say they are. Smooth, non-aggressive sound with delicate highs and quick, detailed midbass. I feel no need to EQ with these comps. The midbass put out by the 6.5s is not astounding but is more than adequate - very detailed, well-damped and has a smooth rolloff on the low-end. Lack of resonance makes the 6.5 disappear when crossed-over correctly, but there is a natural resonance around 2000Hz that can become abrasive if not filtered correctly. [email protected] or [email protected] LP works well for the mid. The tweeter is sweeter! Low resonance point lets it play down to 1200Hz easy. No major peaks in response and highs are oh so airy and delicate. Do yourself a favor and aim the tweeters near on-axis - and then time-align + level-adjust them. BEAUTIFUL.

DLS UR6

Same tweeter as Iridium, with a poly midbass. Tonally, the UR6 midbass puts out more bass due to a slightly higher resonance freq and less damping than the Iridium, and could be perceived as an overall smoother sound than the Iridium. However, the UR6 mids are not as 'quick' or well-damped and therefore don't have the same imaging quality and ability to 'disappear' like the Iridium mids. For those who listen strictly for tonal balance rather than imaging, the UR6 could sound better to your ears than the Iridiums. The UR6 set sounds incredible - besides the Iridium, they sound better than any other speakers I've heard in a car.

DLS is the real deal! However, results are more installation-dependent than most speakers - LOTS of experimentation (especially with the tweeters) is needed to get the best sound, results can be disappointing if simply slapped in.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts