Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice. I purchased a 2018 Sv Nissan Pathfinder 2 weeks ago. It was the last one left since they just brought in the 2020's. Seemed like a great deal and we have purchased a car from this dealership before. So again, its October of 2019 and we purchased a 2018 that was in their show room. A few days after driving it the engine light came on and when idling the rpms would drop down and jump back up, as well the lights would flicker. Brought it in and they said it was the camshaft actuator? I know nothing about cars. We get the car back and the rpm problem and light flickering issue stopped, but the engine light was still on and the car just didn't seem to drive right. I just brought it back in and they are telling me they need to change a sprocket?
This is all covered by the dealership and they are very apologetic, but this just doesn't seem right to me.
I get it I purchased a car that had been sitting for a while, but am I completely wrong for being worried?

Looking for any input.

Thanks!

Josh

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
well keep all the paperwork!
my 18 wasnt exactly fresh, about 10 months since manufacture.
did it run well on test drive?
I think it will be fine when these problems are worked out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't get it test drive it! It was in the showroom so I test drove another one. The first day or so it drove fine. They did a full inspection and oil change and all that jazz. I feel like mechanics at dealerships aren't what they used to be. I try to explain to them what the car is doing and they don't care. There is no problem solving involved anymore. They literally hook it up to the computer and follow what it says. I still don't think it will be fixed after this sprocket is changed.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
save all the paperwork. If all else fails there is the lemon law.
look it up in your state. here it was 6 visits i think from memory, The AC on my new sentra wouldn't hold freon. so filed lemon law complaint. Nissan asked me to take it to another dealer and they did their thing. said would I mind if they kept it for extra few days.
called me up and said (in a panic) the freon is going and dont know where ? Then a few days later they said they found a crack in compressor!
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts