Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at a way to upgrade the stock brakes for a while now and it seems that the most cost effective way that doesnt require me to change wheels is to upgrade the master brake cylinder and get new pads.

Ive been looking at getting Greenstuff brake pads (find em on tirerack.com ) for use with the stock rotors. Has anyone ever used these? KNow of any other good brake pads?

Also the replacing the master brake cylcinder and the brake booster seems to be a good way to increase braking power. An SE-R would be an obvious choice for these parts but Canada didnt get the B13 SE-R models. Is there any other Nissan that would provide suitable parts with improved performance?

I hope to do an upgrade soon (its put off a bit because i am F**KING leaking tranny fluid again!) so maybe after i get the leak fixed.

-Nick

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
a good one would sure be getting the front brakes off a b13... vented disk... still small but efficient i think... getting the galiper also !!... just getting the se-r master would probably warp your current disk..

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Crazy-Mart said:
a good one would sure be getting the front brakes off a b13... vented disk... still small but efficient i think... getting the galiper also !!... just getting the se-r master would probably warp your current disk..
Get the AD18VE (I think that is what they are called) calipers and discs from a B13. The bolt right up, you will just have to remove the dust shield. Mine has rusted off already so it's no problem for me :D

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Get the 1988 nissan pulsar SE brakes! I think they use the same disk as the b13 SE-R and they worked for me as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts