Nissan Forum banner

brakes go every 15 k miles

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  LittlebittaContact 
G
#1 ·
Why is it that my front brake pads keep going out every 15k miles or actually less? I have a 96 200sx 1.6, with 17's, but i don't think the wheels have anything to do with it, unless the rolling inertia is that much greater than stock. Any help you could provide as to why this happens and how i could fix it would be great. Thanks.

#2 ·
Are you using stock pads and rotors, or aftermarket stuff? I know EBC Greenstuff pads only have about a 10,000-20,000 mile life (depending on driving style). If you're using the stockers, then they really shouldn't be wearing out that fast. Unless you ride your brakes all the time, but I would hope you don't do that.

G
#3 ·
yeah, it's all stock on there, and i don't think i ride them, i never have to break hard and i try to downshift a lot. My only thought is that the back drums aren't working, so the braking load is put on those 7 inch rotors, which would cause them to wear a bit faster.

#5 ·
try a rebuild on the calipers...you may have a slide pin sticking...causing them to stay on touching the rotor..also.if pads arent bedded correctly, they can wear faster.

edit:

Im leaving this in the B14 section becasue it is related to that chassis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.