Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After buying a second hand car, its been a constant spending and I am tired and almost empty pocket (I am student, please GOD mercy).

I took the car to Auto shop and figured out the problem (as said by auto shop), The complete brake system is gone because car had wrong brake fluid and CAT converter is dead ( was not passing emission). They give me a price quote. After getting ditched so many times by these auto shop people I wanted to double check on quote.

On the internet the price looks really cheap so want to double check with somebody who has idea about these parts.

For Nissan Sentra 2001 GXE

Brake Master Cyl Qty (1) $209.63
Front Brake Overhaul 1 $218.95
Front Brake Hoses 2 $81.96
Rear Brake Hose 2 $89.63
Rear Brake Overhaul(Drum) 1 $144.95
DirecFit Catalytic Converter 1 $735.21

Please let me know if these prices looks right.

regards and thanks
SG

·
Registered
485 Posts
Man tell them to shove that CAT up there ASS! get a universal replacement or find your own direct fit. There is no way in hell you should ever pay that much for a CAT... unless it cooks, cleans, and knows how to please.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the reply

I am working on finding the part. Whats the down side of using universal CAT instead of Direct fit.

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ saint0421. Hey , I wanted to double check something, I know its kind of stupid to ask at this point. My car gave an emissions code of P0430 so what does it mean. I got an idea through forums that its CAT converter , but how I can say that its rear or front CAT converter. I have Nissan Sentra GXE 2001, 1.8L. Please throw some light on it.

Also when you say first and last will work and second will too , whats the difference ( except the money).

·
Registered
790 Posts
@ saint0421. Hey , I wanted to double check something, I know its kind of stupid to ask at this point. My car gave an emissions code of P0430 so what does it mean. I got an idea through forums that its CAT converter , but how I can say that its rear or front CAT converter. I have Nissan Sentra GXE 2001, 1.8L. Please throw some light on it.

Also when you say first and last will work and second will too , whats the difference ( except the money).
P0430=TW (Two-Way) Catalyst System, Bank 2
The first one went poop. Your o2 sensors are before/after the first CAT.

As far as the differences go w/ the CATs listed they just specify make/model/year. However, ALL b15s (2000-2006) w/ 1.8L have the same fitment of exhaust manifold. An option would be to call/e-mail them to get more specifics on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts