Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my front brake rotors and my friend(a mechanic) said the front brake rotors were suppose to be vented. The stock ones that came off were vented but the rotors the place gave me(vaca valley auto parts) gave me solid rotors. I also went to Kragen to see if they had the same ones and he pulls out ones that are solid and says they are for the front. My question is are the front brake rotors suppose to be vented?

·
Registered
146 Posts
92_SER said:
I just replaced my front brake rotors and my friend(a mechanic) said the front brake rotors were suppose to be vented. The stock ones that came off were vented but the rotors the place gave me(vaca valley auto parts) gave me solid rotors. I also went to Kragen to see if they had the same ones and he pulls out ones that are solid and says they are for the front. My question is are the front brake rotors suppose to be vented?
I dont know for the SEr but for GA16de, no they are not vented.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
aftermarket ones from autozone n such will not be vented.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
cHoPs said:
aftermarket ones from autozone n such will not be vented.
ahhhhhh i disagree. i just bought 2 rotors for my GA16DE sentra for $19 each (yes its a b14......they use the exact same brakes though) and they are vented in the middle. they look great too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i don't know who's pulling your leg, but the stock brakes on a b13 (SR or GA) are not vented, cross-drilled, fudge-dipped, crinkled-wrapped or anything else. i'd say that someone had put the vented rotors on the car before you got it. solid is OEM.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
next time you all need brake rotors....ask for b14 ga rotors. they are vented.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts