Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just about decided to buy a 2005 Titan until I heard (from a Chevy dealer whom I thought was blowing smoke) about the rotor/pad problems. Does anyone know if this got addressed in the 2005? I checked the NTSA and there were no service bulletins/recalls, but LOTS of complaints (all for the 2004).Too many for me to be comfortable.

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
The 05's use the same rotors and calipers as the 04's so now the problem has not been resolved. More and more info is coming out about a recall on the brake issue which is supposed to go into affect in April. I would not let this scare you for the following reasons, not every Titan has this problem - those that drive in allot of stop in go traffic and do allot of hard braking will more than likely have the problem. The dealer will replace/turn your rotors should you ever have this problem. Even though the Titan has issues with the rotors I'm suprised at how quick it stops for a truck of it's size and weight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, but no thanks

Slurppie said:
The 05's use the same rotors and calipers as the 04's so now the problem has not been resolved. More and more info is coming out about a recall on the brake issue which is supposed to go into affect in April. I would not let this scare you for the following reasons, not every Titan has this problem - those that drive in allot of stop in go traffic and do allot of hard braking will more than likely have the problem. The dealer will replace/turn your rotors should you ever have this problem. Even though the Titan has issues with the rotors I'm suprised at how quick it stops for a truck of it's size and weight.
Since I do a lot of stop and go, and I will be towing horses with this truck, I cannot afford to have problems with the brakes. I don't have the time to take it in for service every 5-10,000 mi, nor do I want the brakes to start acting up with a loaded trailer coming down a mountain road. Too bad they didn't address this last year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts