Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey the other day i was cruising on the highway, and when i parked my car i smelled this burning smell somewhere on the exterior. Its just a stock 91 240sx Le, no turbo or anything. i got my clutch checked and it wasnt that. 2 days later i lost pressure in my brake pedal!?! does this have any connection? i am in university and i do not have alot of cash considering i just finished putting a kit on it. what is somehting i could try? i tried bleeding the brake line and it worked for about 2 days and it happened again? im thinking its my master Cylinder but i need some other suggestions before i jump the gun.

Also i am looking for a headlight conversion kit, i dont want anything to do with the silvia lights, i want the ones that arent flip ups (anyone who has played need for speed underground knows what im talking about) and no not sleepy eyes. i checked the old threads on here and people mentioned east bear on jspec.com i checked and they dont have any info on em. does anyone have a recent link they can send me regardiung info or the actual product? thanks alot

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
ExileinOblivion said:
Hey i dragged my buddy the other day on the highway, and i smelled this burning smell somewhere on the exterior of my car after the race was done. Its just a stock 91 240sx Le, no turbo or anything. i got my clutch checked and it wasnt that. 2 days later i lost pressure in my brake pedal!?! does this have any connection? i am in university and i do not have alot of cash considering i just finished putting a kit on it. what is somehting i could try? i tried bleeding the brake line and it worked for about 2 days and it happened again? im thinking its my master Cylinder but i need some other suggestions before i jump the gun.

Also i am looking for a headlight conversion kit, i dont want anything to do with the silvia lights, i want the ones that arent flip ups (anyone who has played need for speed underground knows what im talking about) and no not sleepy eyes. i checked the old threads on here and people mentioned east bear on jspec.com i checked and they dont have any info on em. does anyone have a recent link they can send me regardiung info or the actual product? thanks alot
first things first when you hit the brakes do they go straight to the floor? if they do and you've bled the lines its the master cylinder. second i have no idea

Don

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i push the breaks in the go to the floor yeah, but the breaks are still grabbing. but i didnt get a brake fluid flush yet. but if worst comes to worst how much is a master cylinder?

·
Registered
446 Posts
My guess would be master cylinder...it's the only logical answer to your problem that I can think of, unless you have a leak somewhere in your lines. A re-finished master cylinder from autozone shouldn't be too expensive. Just check your local autoshop and get prices...

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
ExileinOblivion said:
when i push the breaks in the go to the floor yeah, but the breaks are still grabbing. but i didnt get a brake fluid flush yet. but if worst comes to worst how much is a master cylinder?
well first before you go and buy the master cylinder make sure you bleed those brakes real good and if the break pedal still goes to the floor then its the master cylinder. umm autocrap has a core charge so you'll have to take the old one off but make sure you get a brake line wrench or else you'll round off the brake line bolts. but take it off and go to the parts store i think when i replaced the one on my sentra it was bout 100 with the core charge but you'll get 50 back when you take the master cylinder back. i just checked on a 240 and its around the same price. but also does your car have anti-lock brakes or not? if it does it will be 125 with the resevoir but bout a 100 without with core charge.

Don

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks alot guys, i took it to the shop and got a brake fluid flush 2 days ago and it did it again. They quoted me a 50 bucks like you said (50 back when i return my old master).

Peace out

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
ExileinOblivion said:
thanks alot guys, i took it to the shop and got a brake fluid flush 2 days ago and it did it again. They quoted me a 50 bucks like you said (50 back when i return my old master).

Peace out
lol like you doubted me?

Don

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,679 Posts
ExileinOblivion said:
Hey the other day i was cruising on the highway, and when i parked my car i smelled this burning smell somewhere on the exterior. Its just a stock 91 240sx Le, no turbo or anything. i got my clutch checked and it wasnt that. 2 days later i lost pressure in my brake pedal!?!
If you're getting a burning smell coming off the brakes, then there may be a seized up wheel caliper piston or seized up slider pins. The heat generated from this may be causing the brake fluid to boil which will affect pedal pressure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts