Nissan Forum banner
81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,826 Posts
Hello all,

I have recently purchased a brand new Nissan Xtrail with automatic transmission. When I hit the brake pedal for a complete stop of the vehicle, an unpleasant noise is coming from the brakes. The front pads were changed, however the problem was not fixed, the noise is still there.

What may be the cause of this problem and how can it be solved?

Regards,
"AKEBONO ProACT Ceramic Pads w/ Stainless Hardware" are a very high quality pad set. I've been using them for several years now. Very quiet and effective stopping power. AKEBONO is an OEM supplier for Nissan. It may be advisable to re-cut your rotors to remove any waviness/grooves/glazing to insure good braking efficiency; since your vehicle is fairly new, there should be plenty of "meat" on the rotors for a safe re-cut. Rotors that are glazed can cause the noise that you'r experiencing. If you plan to buy new rotors, don't buy "junk" rotors on Ebay; many of them come from China and they will warp on you in no time causing more grief. Good rotors are from Wagner or Raybestos.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Day,

I recently bought a 2019 Nissan X trail.It sits on 40 000km. I recently changed the front brakes on the vehicle, due to a noise coming from the from wheels. This rubbing squealing noise only occurs when i am decelerating between 40 -20 kph.I have replaced the brakes but still this noise does not seem to go away. I have taken it to the dealership twice,but cant find the problem. It is massively frustrating driving in town at slow speed with this noise coming out of a relative new vehicle. Does anyone else have this problem,and what can i do for this to stop.I cant handle it anymore!

Thanks

81 - 83 of 83 Posts