Nissan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Otomodo,

In this case, I would not follow your advise :) Why would I want to wear the pads rapidly - for the sake of getting rid of noise ?

By the way, Liqui Moly was put on the back side of the pads today, however it did not work out that much.

I got a chance to see the pads today. The pads have integrated shim in addition to the metal shim, so there are two shims on it.

However, my pads lack the anti rattle clip, which you see in the link: https://www.google.com.tr/search?q=...K57DHy8cCFYsIGgodWEwBYQ#imgrc=WWZFVI3zpYY1RM:

I think lacking of this built-in clip is the main source of the noise. What do you think?

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,163 Posts
Fakay why do you keep linking a pic of a bmw brake pad. It happens that bmw brakes squeak as well. Otomodo is saying the same thing I said at the start, and what at least one of your mechanics has told you. You seem willing to buy new pads and all sorts of lubes, but you do not want to waste your brakes...
Do a little research on your own for how brakes work what cause squeaks, but please stop putting forth these junk guesses. If one the mechanics really did put brake lube on the actual pad surface, he is more than incompetent... that would be dangerous. If he did he would have to clean off the pads at a minimum, and then most likely sand them down a bit. Maybe you should have someone cut the rotors anew, and maybe by removing a bit of material you will get rid of the offending bit of metallurgy that wants to vibrate.
Just for fun go onto a bmw forum, and you will find owners with a similar complaint, same with infinitis. And you will read how their dealer told them its normal, and that squeaking brakes are not a defect...
I really hope your noises do go away with a bit more mileage and some hard stops!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Quadraria,

One more observation... The brakes do not squeal when it is hot during the day time i.e. between 11am and 6pm. You start hearing the noise in the morning and in the evening when the weather is cooler. What do you think about the effect of weather condition on the noise.

Also my pads are metalic for sure. If they were ceramic, I think they would make less noise.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Quadraria,

If there had been pads that fitted on my car, I would have already ordered them. Unfortunately, there is none yet, nowhere in the world.

What do you think about the weather conditions? See, it is 6:30pm over here right now, I tested the car and the noise started. The noise was not there up until 6pm.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,163 Posts
Must be strange humidity from the Bosphorus. What type of degree change are we talking? Here in winter we go below -30 and in summers to plus 30s with humidex that pushes 40 sometimes. More like they are light activated... sorry I am about to get ridiculous, and I don't want to make a joke about your problems with your new car.
Go out and take a hard drive and put all your frustration into hard braking. It just might work.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Quadraria,

The noise I hear is neither a "squeal" nor a "squeak". There must be a different word for defining it, maybe "groaning" or "grinding" but I am not sure.

In turkish, we say "garc gurc" for this noise.

The weather change is not that much, but what I am telling about the effect of weather change on the pads is correct.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Quadraria,

Do you know any method to make the front side of metalic pads softer so that they do not make noise?

Alternatively, do you know any lubricant that can be put on the front side of the pads as well as on the rotor?

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,163 Posts
Fakay you went to university. Its friction that stops your car. You really want something that reduces it???? With a bit of effort and probably a few local phone calls you can find a set of pads that fit your X trail. They must me a bit different for the European and Asian markets. Good luck. Sorry I couldn't help.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Quadraria,

You mean pads manufactured for different brand of cars but also fit on my Xtrail 2015?

I contacted many local auto parts stores over here, but none of them had any pads for my Xtrail.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,827 Posts
Quadraria,

The noise I hear is neither a "squeal" nor a "squeak". There must be a different word for defining it, maybe "groaning" or "grinding" but I am not sure.
Since you're describing the sound as being OTHER then the traditional brake squeal, you might want to examine the wheel bearings. Is the noise in both wheels? Defective wheel bearings can produce a groaning or grinding sound.

The best way to check them is to remove the brake pads all together, put on at least two lug nuts to hold the rotors against the hub. Now spin the rotors by hand and listen for any noise. Also, using a dial indicator, check for any lateral movement; there should be none.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Rogoman,

Nothing wrong with the wheel bearings. The noise is due to the friction between the pads and the rotor. And yes, the noise is on both sides.

Also, this noise is common in every car of Nissan with automatic transmission in Turkey.

I think the solution is to use higher quality pads (i.e. ceramic pads with built-in antş-rattle clips), however there is none in market yet!

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,163 Posts
Focus your search on European Part suppliers. Somebody in Germany or England has pads. I very much doubt there is a specific brake set up only for Turkey. Why do you think it does not affect manual transmission Nissans? How does the Automatic affect braking noise? And why would Nissan go backwards when my 2006 has ceramic pads and anti rattle clips as you like to call them. You already have Akebono ceramic pads. I am 99% sure. Why couldn't the problem be the rotor? Why keep insisting on the pads, and for the last time have you given it the hard drive and braking treatment. Until you do so, please do not post here again. This is becoming very repetitive.
By the way you had me wondering so I looked at a few X trail forums, and those for the new Rogue, and there is nothing about any brake complaints.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts