Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listen Up:

I'm planning on the AD22VF brake conversion, on my high powered big block SE-R. I have all the parts, but I have questions on the brake line. I know there are companies that make stainless steel brake lines, SMC, Russell, and Goodrich to name a few.

I need your thoughts and experience.

I will monitor this thread for the next couple weeks and make my decision.

QinSac

·
Registered
346 Posts
yo

yo dude......you should go with the best in the world... Goodridge!
almost all 24 hour of Lemans Cars use them......especially the GT cars such as the Porsches, and the BMW M3 GTRs.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just a question. Would he use the Sentra SS lines or the NX lines? Because the Sentra lines from the feed and the NX lines to the caliper...so which ones?

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
I bought Goodridge lines for my SE-R in '97. When I installed the AD22VF brakes last year, the lines fit perfectly. That says the Sentra and NX use the same lines.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Aka NX brakes

Plenty written within the past two weeks in the brake forum.

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
To whom and to what do you refer, Oh Mighty Drunken Moderator?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I installed Goodridge SS brake lines after upgrading to SE-R front and rear disc brakes on my SE. They make a noticable difference on pedal feel. They don't actually stop you any faster, just give firmer pedal feel, and make it easier to modulate the brakes. IMO, a worthwhile mod for the money.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
make sure you use Goodridge lines. They are DOT. SMc are coated and not really sure about these things. I know Russell make them too. I have had t he GR's for about 7 years now. I have had no trouble and still stiff.
Chris 92 classic

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
SMC lines do not have DOT certification. Back at the 3rd SE-R Convention, Bob Christianson (Mr. SMC) claimed his lines would handily pass but laughed at the tests that were developed in the 1930s and hadn't changed since. Whether that is of any importance is for you to decide.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts