Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has that turn or turns, on their way home from wherever, that is their favorite turn to take right? Well I got one right down the street from me. I love the way my car handled immediately when I dropped it and threw my wheels on. So, that turn has become one of the main loves of my life. I look forward to waking up every morning just to lead foot it to work and whip around this right hand turn at 40-50 mph without hearing a screech of my tire. But recently, and this hurts me so much to say, I took the turn and all the sudden my E-brake light on my cluster glared in my face. Of course I didnt pull it (only when the roads wet), and I checked and double checked. I turned the beast off and then on again and that didnt do it. When I got out of work it was gone. Now everytime I take that turn hard it does the same thing and periodically comes on as well when im driving. Cant seem to find much on this (not really a big deal more of an eye sore). Anyone with the same problem?

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
i've had similar problems, but mine is fixed now. sometimes, when your brake fluid is a little low, the ebrake light comes on. if you make a hard turn, the level shifts, possibly triggering the sensor. i just filled my brake fluid up (even though it was half way between low and full, and it stopped. good luck. ~mike

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm...yeah

It usually flips on in the mornings for me too. Including this morning when I turned the car on it was already on. I'll be sure to check all the related fluids, hopefully that solves the problem. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

It must have been my front brake pads. The sensor started to squeal so I replaced the pads (lifetime warranty ... gotta love that. Free brake pads for life, need a brake upgrade though.) and the brake light is permenantly gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts