Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost every morning when I leave the house to go to work the brake light in the dash will be on, sometimes if I lift the E-brake handle slightly and then push it down it will go off, sometimes doing that doesn't help, than the light goes out on it's own, fluid is full, any ideas?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know that this sound simple, but have you checked your bulbs? I am having the same type of problem, but my rear deck lights are out. (I have an 88 B12 sedan). Pulled it apart and I have ground, and had my wife push down on the pedal and I have voltage as well. Replaced the bulbs, but it still doesn't work.
Am thinking that maybe the socket is bad, and I am going to pull a rear deck unit from the bone yard and see if that does the trick. Let me know how you make out. Would be interested to know.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
when it comes to the ebrake, check the switch located underneat the center console... you can lube it or adjust it correctlywhen the console if off...

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
or you can just disconnect it and not worry about lol (thats if yur really lazy and cheap lol)

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
No ! Never disconnect it... get it fixed... open the console and look for it. You could have the hand brake applied just a bit sometimes. Imagine you won't notice and the heat generated by the wheel with the brake binding. Drive like that and you could risk a fire. I saw some dude's car smoking from the rear wheel. His tire was smoking cause of a brake problem.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope, haven't checked the bulbs yet, will do that tomorrow.

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
My 87 is doing that think the switch is just dirty lots of pop gets down there but as for the lights that should have nothing to do with it I now my S/C has a light out indicator on the dash but the brake light in the cluster is for either park brake on or brake system problem look into it and fix it. the brakes are the most important thing on your car without them life will suck in a big hurry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts