Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Ill cut to the point, my Wifes 93 SE-R US built has a frozen Caliper and 2 rotors out of spec. I have tried 3 different auto part places trying to find the right parts and so far nada. I am certain of the cars heritage via VIN# 1N4Gb32H3P So 1= US built, 3, 1993 right? The Calipers are stamped AD18VE, this should be all I need right??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you try Napa auto parts? And if you tried all the parts stores in your area, Go to your local Nissan dealership and ask them. I needed a Air Pump Pulley for my Ford Thunderbird and I tried all the parts stores around here and they all just looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for one, I had to go to the Ford dealership to get one.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
why not upgrade to the AD22VF calipers and rotor since you are buying 3 out of four parts anyway ?
Yes you have to eat the core charge.
Try rock Auto....
Look up
93 NX2000 with antilock made in Japan.

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
If you go to a parts store, all they need from you is make, model, year and engine size. This is what I did when I needed brake parts for the '91 SE-R I had. I had no problem getting aftermarket parts for it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you go to a parts store, all they need from you is make, model, year and engine size. This is what I did when I needed brake parts for the '91 SE-R I had. I had no problem getting aftermarket parts for it!
:eek::wtf::eek:

Actually I have been to 4 parts stores with all the information you state and they all, so far had failed me. Good news is after pouring through the Service Manual I was able to eliminate a few of the choices and think, THINK I now have the correct parts. I ordered the Caliper from Rockauto.com, not only do they have reman AD18V calipers and Rotors CHEAP, but if you look there are still a few pairs of the AD22 Calipers and rotors with NO CORE CHARGES!! Fast shipping too. It will be Monday before I will be home when the sun is up, Ill take pics and post then.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
the only parts i see without core are for a 1.6 L so that wont be the AD22VF's
I posted part numbers, i will search and post a link

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I ordered Raybestos from this....
Part numbers for ad22vf upgrade