Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to flush the brake system of my 1995 SE-R this coming weekend and was wondering what the capacity of the brake system was. I don't know how much fluid to buy.

Thanks in advance!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. A few more questions:

1. The Haynes manual says to disconnect the electrical connector from the ABS actuator connector as part of the bleeding procedure. Where is this connector exactly?

2. I bought OEM pads and rotors to replace my worn out front brakes. 3 out of 4 pads do not have any wear bars, and only one does. It looks to me like 3 inner pads and one outer pad. Are there supposed to be visible differences between inner and outer pads? Should I take these back to the dealer, or is it OK to install these pads as-is.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The inner pads (ones on the engine side of the rotor) will have a 1 inch~ flange (not sure if that's what you're referring to as the 'wear bar') that sticks out the backside on the edge of the pad on the front brakes. The outer pads won't. Basically, yeah, you should have 2 of each type of brake pad for the fronts and they should be identical twins in each set so it sounds like someone got a brake pad mixed up in the box before you bought them.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mystery solved. This is interesting. I went back to the dealer today, and they looked at a few other boxes - all the same. Then they found one box with some instructions. The instructions said that there will be visible differences from the original OEM pads and these pads. It also said that three pads will not have the wear bar (squeeler). One pad will have that and it is to be installed on the right hand inner side. The left side does not have a wear bar (squeeler) at all then. The parts person said that Nissan OEM pads have changed a few times in the past years, and that this is the latest version.

Still wondering about the ABS actuator connector.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts