Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another thing. It just got really cold here in Crochester and now, my brakes depress all the way down. I have to push it all the way down for it to slow down at all. It's a very dangerous way to drive, but teaches me to drive slower. :) But anyways, what's going on? Flush 'em? Cool. Thakns

Ppeace
CMo

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeahm I think it might be that. It doesn't get any firmer when I pump it. It used to work, though. But not since it got freezing cold here. So I'll do it this weekend. But, I've been reading posts, and it seems that Motul600 is more prone to absorb humidity? I want a nice fluid for this cold, snowy weather. Thanks for the help, peeps.

Ppeace
CMo

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AGAIN

It's been 4 weeks since I've had my brakes bled and did not have a problem till last week. I slammed on the brakes at city speeds, then when I braked again for the next turn, it started to depress far down again. It's the same as before, meaning it's firm at almost the farthest point. If I push any harder, or slam on them, then I get these crazy grinding/ slipping noises, but not if I gently press the brakes. So now I have to start braking about twice as early to make my stops. What could be the problem here, then? I don't think the fluid is at fault. I think if i bleed it again, it will be fine, but then when I slam it, I'm thinking the same problem will come back. I don't see ANY leaks. I've already bled the brakes twice since the summer, with new pads all around and new rear rotors. I'll check the front calipers when the snow clears up a little, but any ideas? Thanks guys.

Ppeace
CMo

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I think you are right, like hagasan said. I had the same problem on the family minivan a couple years ago.

Well, I was going to upgrade the brakes to bigger calipers in the near future, so I don't know if I want to change to another oem SE-R M/C. Will it be ok to change to Altima non-ABS M/C even if my brake system components are all SE-R stock right now? Thanks for all your help, peeps.

Ppeace
CMo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.