Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Avtomat Kalashnikov
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pacquiao Stops Morales in 10!

By Teddy Molina
Complete report from Michael Swann, at ringside, still to come...

Referee Kenny Bayless brought a halt to the contest at 2:33 seconds of round 10, making the pride of the Philippines the first man to ever knock-out Erik Morales.

Manny Pacquiao proved that the Reyes gloves were in fact the key to victory, as he dominated Morales with crisp combinations, and sent him to the canvas twice in round 10, the second knock-down forced Bayless to bring an end to the contest.

Morales tried desperately to climb back into the fight, but was completely out of gas by the eighth round. Pacquiao jumped on Morales, and with his people urging him on, he did the impossible, and stopped the once unstoppable Erik "Terrible" Morales.

Pacquiao improves his record 41-3-2, and is looking possibly to a rubbermatch against Morales, who drops to 48-4.

Twenty-minutes after the end of the fight, the Filipino contingent remained at the Thomas & Mack center cheering their hero on with chants of, MANNY, MANNY!!

"It was a tough fight. I was tired of getting punched in the head .. I was just tired." - Erik Morales

"I know my people are celebrating right now. They're very happy!!" - Manny Pacquiao

·
Respek Knuckles
1,172 Posts

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great Fight!

Exalta said:

and Manny Pacquiao gets to bring home $2,000,000....

Saw the fight, note that on the 10th round Pacman was verbalizing the punches while throwing them at Morales. For those who taped the fight, watch his lips mouthing the word "BANG" everytime he pummelled Morales.

Talk about being in the zone!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts