Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You can start with this problem. I have been in these "nissan" fourms for about 2 years now. And finally you have had the disrespect ALL READY to get on my case about a simple harmless joke. I don't know what your problems is, and I don't really care. But the fact is that, what I have said so far in a few fourms has done nothing but had your slight objection to no matter what it was said. I personally don't care about your opinion, and I don't appreciate your childish attitude towards what I have said. Yes indeed this is a new fourm based site and yes there are slightly more area's of interest. But the fact stands that getting them started and bringing some users to the subject is what were my reasons.

Thank You.

Sentrixx.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sentrixx said:
You can start with this problem. I have been in these "nissan" fourms for about 2 years now. And finally you have had the disrespect ALL READY to get on my case about a simple harmless joke. I don't know what your problems is, and I don't really care. But the fact is that, what I have said so far in a few fourms has done nothing but had your slight objection to no matter what it was said. I personally don't care about your opinion, and I don't appreciate your childish attitude towards what I have said. Yes indeed this is a new fourm based site and yes there are slightly more area's of interest. But the fact stands that getting them started and bringing some users to the subject is what were my reasons.

Thank You.

Sentrixx.
What *you* consider harmless joking may be taken more serious by another. My problem with you only had to do with the Women Racers section. I gave you a warning. You could have looked at it from a different perspective, but you did not. I never questioned any of your other posts.

B

·
0 Posts
booster,
i think its safe to say that most people on here think this forum is overmoderated...

good luck with whatever your attemping... :rolleyes:

W

·
0 Posts
How is this over moderated? There is nothing to be moderated on this site yet. As with any board, if you don't like the rules set by the moderators/admin/owners/etc... you don't have to be here!

B

·
0 Posts
WhiteSER said:
How is this over moderated? There is nothing to be moderated on this site yet. As with any board, if you don't like the rules set by the moderators/admin/owners/etc... you don't have to be here!
yep that's correct... i'm not going to be here...and a lot of other people are not going to be here...

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Calling it over moderated would be reaching at the very least. We're still assigning moderators at this point.

I know the whole free speech thing, blah blah blah, but the fact of the matter remains this is a private forum. There's no reason why it can't (and won't) be moderated. We're not saying members have to tread carefully, but simply behave in a reasonable manner. Moderators for the most part will keep a "hands-off" approach and only step in when and where needed. Usually that includes moving threads posted in the incorrect forum, closing inappropriate threads, and on the rare occasion warning users. More often the moderator's simply there to answer questions and help out.

B

·
0 Posts
Scott said:
Calling it over moderated would be reaching at the very least. We're still assigning moderators at this point.

I know the whole free speech thing, blah blah blah, but the fact of the matter remains this is a private forum. There's no reason why it can't (and won't) be moderated. We're not saying members have to tread carefully, but simply behave in a reasonable manner. Moderators for the most part will keep a "hands-off" approach and only step in when and where needed. Usually that includes moving threads posted in the incorrect forum, closing inappropriate threads, and on the rare occasion warning users. More often the moderator's simply there to answer questions and help out.
please i've already had one thread deleted...not moved...

i've never, ever seen a thread deleted at altimas.net...i've never seen a thread LOCKED in off topic...i've never seen a mod harass a member...

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Bri4404

You are really pursuing things. Seems from my point of view like you want to argue with people, or exchange blows. Regardless, I have been to Altimas.net, I also LEFT Altimas.net because much of it was a sea of useless poo. Know awhy it was useless, because it was not moderated closely and things got waaaay off topic. This is the point. This is a forum to discuss Nissan's. If you want to have private conversations, or discuss other things, use other means. You always have PM's, E-mail, and off topic.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bri4404 said:

please i've already had one thread deleted...not moved...

i've never, ever seen a thread deleted at altimas.net...i've never seen a thread LOCKED in off topic...i've never seen a mod harass a member...
Absolutly. Thanx for the back up Bri. I appreciate it.

1,267 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Bri4404
booster,
i think its safe to say that most people on here think this forum is overmoderated...

good luck with whatever your attemping...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes it rather is.
What do you expect with all these extra forums? Even with all the moderators now, it's probably not even covering half of what's out there.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Bri4404

wes said:
You are really pursuing things. Seems from my point of view like you want to argue with people, or exchange blows. Regardless, I have been to Altimas.net, I also LEFT Altimas.net because much of it was a sea of useless poo. Know awhy it was useless, because it was not moderated closely and things got waaaay off topic. This is the point. This is a forum to discuss Nissan's. If you want to have private conversations, or discuss other things, use other means. You always have PM's, E-mail, and off topic.
Wes, it has nothing to do with private conv. It has to do with someone takeing a simple problem and making it a big one. Over something so simple.

1,267 Posts
Re: Re: Bri4404

Sentrixx said:

Wes, it has nothing to do with private conv. It has to do with someone takeing a simple problem and making it a big one. Over something so simple.
If it's soo simple, just let it go, and we can all get along again. Go read Xtreme's post in Off topic about the rules of life and get a good laugh. Or at least this one:
8. Learn to pick your battles; ask yourself, 'Will this matter one year from now? How about one month? One week? One day?
will it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sentrixx said:

Yes it rather is.
If you don't like how things are done here, then don't post. No one is making you post here. I would rather see the forum overmoderated, than have to weed through crap.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Hey all,
IMHO these forums are for information on Nissans(where are my truck forums.hint,hint). We dont need the same useless off-topic crap like some other forums have. And look at it this way, all of the off-topic, useless,non-helpful,"Hey I'm the first", post whoring crap just takes up space on our new server that could be used to help out a newbie or inform others of tech info. If you whores(post whores that is) don't like it and want to leave, good we will better use the resources that you have used to spout your keyboard poop all over.

BTW was that to harsh???? Good It was meant to be.

J

·
0 Posts
eric96ser said:

If you don't like how things are done here, then don't post. No one is making you post here. I would rather see the forum overmoderated, than have to weed through crap.
Couldn't say it any better. I've never had a post deleted on any forums, and it is because I've never given anyone reason to do so. Sentrixx, you say you wanted to "get people coming" to that forum, couldn't you have said something like "I think it's cool that girls like to mod cars" or something? Your post was stupid, you got what you deserved. Accept it, and move on. Keep moderating guys, I don't like weeding through crap either :)

·
0 Posts
I agree too. Why does there have to whining and complaining. You've got a problem if you take crap over the internet seriously.

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Guys, this is a Nissan forum. Rather than arguing about whether or not this forum is overmoderated, get used to it. There are moderators here who will remove posts that are inappropriate.

Try to see it from their point of view. For example, say you walk into an All girls high school and start screaming "wheres my B**ches at!?!?" People are not gonna like you and your probably gonna be shown the door. Even if you were joking.

On the other hand, lets try to keep in mind that this is a more mature audience than other sites ont he web. I think it is safe to say that noone here is younger than 14 or 15. I would expect that moderators keep this in mind when they are weeding out the forums.

Guys this is a Nissan Forum. People are here to learn about their cars, get advice, share stories, ideas, pics, whatever.
Noone here wants these forums to be turned in trash-talking "ghetto forums" where everyone is cussing and making offensive comments.

Im not trying to pick on anyone here, but I would like to remind everyone where they are and to keep stuff clean.

I have never had a post deleted, or been warned by moderators. In fact the moderators I have met here are some of the friendliest and knowledgeable moderators on the web.

Keep this in mind and enjoy these New Forums!!

-Nick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts