Turbo: t25bb
Manifold: hand made log style
Downpipe: hand made 2" to 2.5"
Intercooler: extruded tube with hand made endtanks
Piping: hand made 2"
Injectors: 370cc's
Fuel pump: 300zxTT
Management: JWT ECU

its only running on 5psi right now, i'll crank up the boost when i install my clutch and wideband 02. here are some pics

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
Looks great!!!, When are you going to Dyno it? How much roughly you spend for your set-up?

·
Registered
672 Posts
did u do all the work yourself? what years your car? was it easy to install and make if u did it yourslef?

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks...ya,i did all the fab work myself. i estimate it cost about 3k for the setup. the car is 97. i never got the part # for the injectors, but louis from 2R20 performance knows what they are and sometimes has them in stock. you can get ahold of him at

Louis Anaya
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R Turbo
12.0 @ 118.77 mph
349.6 hp & 301.9 ft/lb
http://www.turbochargedser.freeservers.com/turbochargedser.html

SR20 Performance
http://www.sr20performance.com
480-966-SR20
480-966-0100 Fax

im going to dyno it when i install the clutch. its really fun to drive now with all the additional torque and power. i broke the tires loose in 1st gear last night. the tiny ball bearing turbo spools so quick..its sick:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very nice! Can't wait to see the numbers!

G

·
Nice car, even nicer turbo... but after driving a GA16 for 6 years, I'm not a big fan of that motor. Has almost no sweet spot and has no power. And with that turbo, what are you expecting? 180 to the front? MAYBE 190 w/ out gernading the motor (unless the bottom end is built)? I have a 93 SE-R and a 96 200SX SE (GTi-R going in now) and I've always believed that money is better spent on a SR20 that can handle the power rather than the economy motor of the bunch. And w/ that much money, a SR20 can easily put 300 or so to the ground w/ no problems! :D

Not knocking your car (its beautiful), just commenting on the GA16DE... thats all ! :D

Ben

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
true, but the 1.6 is really cheap to replace and easy to find compared to the 2.0. and once people start making power with their 1.6's then maybe manufacturers will produce some bottom end parts. then we can just up the hp level. i know the turbo can handle it, it has a 60 trim t3 comp wheel that flows 31lbs/min which is good for ~300hp.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Nice job

Looks very good. Layout is very nice, intake plumbing, cool air setup, BOV recirc all looks good. Looks like someone had to reposition the BOV and the nice clamps should be on the charge pipes not the MAF. Regardless, hats off man!

Can't wait to see some #'s and hear your input. My car is well on it's way. Just waiting on the plumbing myself ;) Rest of the bits are collecting dust. By the time it's boosted it will be time for me to put it away for the winter;)

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya, i know...the tbolts are just for looks right now:D i couldnt find any at the shop the right size for my charge piping. also, that other flange opposite the blowoff valve was to test one of our blowoff valves that we designed and machined...they look like this one

as you can it doesnt recirculate....so i didnt have it on very long. it has a real nice sound, and its really light weight

·
Soon to be GA16it
444 Posts
JavierB14, Since you custom made the parts, you think it will be available to everyone in the near future? I notice you have Max-Rev website in your sig, isn't that your shop/store? Like to have a similar set-up with my car.

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya, i work at Max-Rev as a fabricator/engineer/sales...etc. we are considering manufacturing a kit for our application, just doing some prototype testing right now.

·
Search Whore
209 Posts
Nice job! I notice you used a breather filter on the rightside of the vavlecover but not one at the back which connects into your intake manifold. I did the same thing when I made my CAI. You're letting unmetered air into your intake manifold. Put another breather filter back and plug the hole in the manifold. Thought I'd point it out! Anyway I love the way you set up the piping. damn I need some money! I want some boost. :(

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes im using a filter on the CCAI crankcase air intake and decided to leave the PCV valve alone. i have basically turned the PCV valve into an "open" system instead of a "closed" system like OEM.

The PCV uses vacuum as a signal source, opening and closing. an engine only sees vacuum at idle or low engine speeds. this is when the valve is flowing or allowing the vapors in the crankcase back into the intake manifold. whenever there is positive pressure(boost, backfire, etc) in the intake manifold, the pcv valve closes, preventing flow of the vapors.

when the PCV is closed, there is only one other way out. through the CCAI. mine is open....venting the vapors to atmosphere. a closed system would flow the vapors back to the intake stream from the air filter. i dont want carbon coated piping or compressor;)

and yes, my filter may allow some unmetered air in but when my engine sees vacuum its either at idle or at some cruising speed. ur not making power at these instances, meaning its not harming the engine. as soon as the engine/turbo is "loaded", it starts spooling or making positive pressure.

its worked for me..i should have my wideband installed this weekend i will have some real data then.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts