Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys/girls,

Many of you have been interested in the performance of my sentra and I'm going to share with you my first experience on a dynomometer.

1st pull at 15 psi [email protected] with 235.2ft/lbs.

(done in 3rd gear)

2nd pull at 15psi [email protected] with 240.2ft/lbs.

(done in 3rd gear)

3rd pull at 18psi [email protected] with 235.2 ft/lbs.

(3rd gear pull/ [email protected])

4th pull at 18psi [email protected] with 246.9ft/lbs.

(4th gear pull/[email protected])

5th pull at 20psi [email protected] with 263.9ft/lbs.

(4th gear pull/[email protected])

All these test were measured at the wheels so the little b12 can be a 400hp ride if that was my goal, but it's not (at least for this one). Everyone guessed with the way that car performs on the street that it was around 300ish horsepower and they were correct. The guys at the dyno love this engine (1809cc):( My friends KA24DE (t) powered 240sx pumped out a wicked 401hp, but I forget the torque #'s (360 something, I think).

·
Registered
354 Posts
if you were to through out a quick educated guess on the amount of money you spent on this what do you think it would be just curious. also if you at one point listed out your mod would it be here so i can do a search to see them, if not what would be the chance we can all know?

damn man, that shit gets it on:eek:

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Very nice #'s. :cool:

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Standard CA18DET conversion with no JWT ECU, but will include tranny, kevlar clutch set up (special made), axles, afm, shifter, clutch pedal and slave cylinder, 300zx TT pump and host of gauges= $2000 (my cost). With JWT ecu add 599$, maxima AFM add $70 and 550cc injectors add $400. For all the wrenching and labor involved "Priceless".

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
wish you could scan them so I could see your hp and torque curves.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess you would call it a roller dyno ( Two huge rollers, computer). Thanks for the positive comments:)

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The car could've possibly done a bit better (per the owner of the shop), but the ignition signal kept momentarily dropping off at the peak power range. Though I revved the engine to 8800rpm, there was no horsepower whatsoever past 8300rpm and torque nose-dived at about 6400rpm.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do both of your sentras perform the same or do you play with one and just drive the other.
The silver sentra is my woman's fun car that I built so that I can experiment on mastering the CA18DET or at least trying to exploit reliable power out of it. The red sentra or my fun car has donated its MSD 50lb/hr injectors, nismo F/P regulator, BOV and the modified stock manifold (which sucks). The red sentra is under a major reconstruction to include better motor upgrades, nissan maxima's gearbox, 4 wheel discs w/drilled & slotted rotor, red/steel brake lines, custom sheet metal intake manifold, custom turbo manifold (see my avatar), T3/T04E 60-1 stage 3 turbo, 850cc injectors, greddy and blitz bov's, ground control coilovers and a host of other goodies that should help me achieve my goal of creating a 10 second street b12 (fully equipped) and if not, I'll get kick out of trying (Thou will be done):mad: So for the record, the silver B12 is a test bed and the red one will be the real deal. I was told by some of the local builders that the car, at present was in the 300hp range and they were correct. My goal with this car has been achieved. We rarely drive the silver car (weekends). My girl drives the Taurus SHO and I drive an elantra everyday......

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I pork rich fat girls for a living:D

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey boost i would like to know what you do for a living and do you need any help
Let's put it like this, I catch people who break certain laws. Unfortunately, I have to work alone:( But to afford most of the car stuff, I wrench in my spare time changing engines, tuneups, brakes and sometimes big projects. Day job's earnings go to the bank, stocks and family. Work on other people's cars pay for my hobby. Sounds like a plan?

·
Registered
90 Posts
i understand my dad is in the same business here in alabama. e-mail me a digit on those motors you were talking about i dont know if i can afford it now but it helps to have a target price oh, btw i have an auto tranny (i know it sucks)

S

·
0 Posts
boost_boy said:
Let's put it like this, I catch people who break certain laws. Unfortunately, I have to work alone:( But to afford most of the car stuff, I wrench in my spare time changing engines, tuneups, brakes and sometimes big projects. Day job's earnings go to the bank, stocks and family. Work on other people's cars pay for my hobby. Sounds like a plan?
Hmm, so you live in Miami, and you catch people who break laws. Are you sure you don't really drive an Impala SS and are vigorously searching for 20 million dollars in diamonds and a 60 million dollar lotto ticket? :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts